• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New centerline "Dicer" series wheels- is 1125lb load rating enough?

That's 4500 pounds total. Should be fine. Which wheel? There are several in the Dicer series.

That's 4500 pounds total. Should be fine. Which wheel? There are several in the Dicer series.

Not sure, maybe the "Notorious" wheel. All of the wheels in the Dicer series are rated at 1125-lb. I have no idea of what the minimum load rating should be for street driving with sometimes bumpy roads, the occasional dips, and bumps, not just static car weight. It's relatively bad around here in San Jose.

I'm still running the 15" moon cap steelies the car came with, sans moon caps. Have been wanting to buy some aluminum wheels from the start, but am waiting until interior is done and new motor in.

For reference, the Telstars I think I want are rated at 1625 lbs, the convo pros are rated at 1525-lbs, not sure what my steelies are rated at. I've already been advised by other here last year that some of the lighter wheels like Aluma-stars are not going to hold up on the street, so just wondering how these Dicer series wheels compare....

On a sidenote with the centerline wheels - correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the convo pro wheel ONLY come with the convoluted ridges that we all hate to polish? I was watching Pass Time a few nights ago and a car rolled up with wheels that looked like Convo Pros, but there were no ridges on the inner lip. Also, the bolt holes were farther out towards the wheel's outer edge. I took a photo of the TV to compare. The wheel even has a centerline center cap. Has anyone ever seen these before? I would love to buy a set without the ridges like this if they're strong enough for street use. I've included a photo of a normal convo pro new out of the box from a craigslist ad for comparison.

ConvoProMissingConvolutes.JPGConvoProNEW15x6.jpg

Pretty large bolt circle on that first wheel. Wonder what the hubs are from?

That's early Volkswagen beetle bug.

yup, what Rusty said - I saw that bug with those on Pass Time.

- - - Updated - - -

So does anybody else think that 1125-lb load rating per wheel is enough for street driving with daily dips and small bumps?

Hot Rod Hanks, who distributes aftermarket wheels, has a good tech Q&A that says a good rule of thumb for passenger cars is 1400 lb load rating per wheel. However, Centerlines website says these Dicer series wheels are SF 15.1 street legal, whatever that means. I am just worried about putting these on and having them crack or dent if I hit a bump, but then again, these will have 15" tires mounted...

Talked to Centerline today and they assured me these 1125-lb load rating Dicer series wheels are fine for a 3800-lb mopar street car. Said they even recently tested them on a heavy duty truck on the street. Why the low load rating then? Hopefully it's not just marketing talk and they are safe. I would like to know what load rating makes a wheel like an Alumastar "race only".

I wouldn't worry about it. I think you'll be just fine.

I would like to know what load rating makes a wheel like an Alumastar "race only".

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the dif between race only wheels and street wheels is not load rating, it's that the load ratings are figured differently. A 1200lb rated street wheel has to handle pot holes while a 1200lb race wheel does not.

I came across a useful link that shows stock mopar vehicle weights:
http://www.mymopar.com/vehicleweights.htm

Looks like my '68 sport satellite with big block swap should come in a lot less than I thought. I was thinking these cars weighed around 3800-lbs, but the chart is showing more like 3520-lb for a GTX, which would be the closest to my car. With these Centerline dicer wheels at 1125-lb ea, that gives 4500-lb total leaving a buffer of 1000-lb. I guess I'll be fine. Thanks guys.

Auto Transport Service
Back