• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New From SoCal..

It's Here!!!!!

Finally, the GTX has arrived!!

We met the truck over in a business park as the truck would not fit into our street..

We are both excited to have an "X" back with us after a 33 year absence.

A couple of things that need attention. It has an ignition ping that is just outrageous. I need to get at that ASAP. The other is a few bushings under the front end that are dried out.

Other than those, it is set to hit the local show and cruise scene!!

Woo Hoo!!!!

Jeff

Attachments

• Hauler_web.jpg
    Hauler_web.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 95
  • peek.jpg
    peek.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 84
  • closer.jpg
    closer.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 95
  • backing out.jpg
    backing out.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 79
  • jcw.jpg
    jcw.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 101
welcome, nice looking "x".nice challenger,did you order it with the stripe?nice touch.

Stripe..

No, it was a plain brilliant black metallic paint from the factory. We found a painter who does custom work, explained that we wanted the hockey stick style of stripe.

I wanted something on the hood but couldn't come up with a design I liked. I told him that I wanted something on the hood, and he looked at it for a minuet, turned and went into his shop. He returned with some tape and whipped out the hood flashes that follow the contours.

Here is a better picture of the hood.

I detailed the X today, found a few water leaks, but it looks even better now.

The only real issue I have with the X is a strange timing issue. When I drove it home from the place where it was delivered, it had a major ignition ping. I

If it was a nickel slotmachine, you would have thought it was paying off a million dollar jackpot in coins!!!!

Well, I broke out my tools, and checked the timing and found it was way advanced. At idle it was sitting at 20o BTDC. Just a bit much. So I backed it down to 15o, took it for a run and all was well.

Drove it to breakfast this morning and all was well, but when we went home, it was back to pinging again. Guess I need to get my tools again and see what is going on with this.

Jeff

Attachments

• hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 84
Auto Transport Service
Back