• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy from California...

welcome to the site from one Bee guy to another. 1 year only can be a pita for parts. Glad your wife is better and hug her everyday you have been blessed thats shes still here.

Welcome!! Cool Project!! As Jerry pointed out, your a good man who has your priorities straight.. Glad your still have the Bee, Nancy is doing better & sez get back to it... I use to get down there from time to time to work in the Sunmaid plant... FWIW the old Pea Soup Andersons always had a good Tri-Tip sandwich..

IMG_4062.JPG
welcome to the site from one Bee guy to another. 1 year only can be a pita for parts. Glad your wife is better and hug her everyday you have been blessed thats shes still here.

Thanks for all the replies - yeah I understand the blessing I've been afforded, colitis is a relentless disease and I'll spare the details but Nancy had her colon removed. Before a surgery like that was possible, she would certainly have died ten years ago and without her I would have died soon after of mal-nutrition lol. We camp north of that Rock and Three Stacks a couple two/three times a year, Pea Soup Andersen's seems like ancient neighboring town history and the company I have worked for nearly 40 years has supplied a number of packaging systems to Sun Maid here in Kingsburg. Happy New Year everybody! :)

Welcome from Missouri!!

If you are ever in the area, on Saturdays there is a car gathering over by the Maritime museum. 8-10ish.

Welcome from Fresno! Great looking '70 too! Health and family come first, absolutely.
Besides having a few friends and relatives down there I've done a lot of work for that glass manufacturing plant on the other side of the fence from Sun Maid...and I've been known to cruise my '68 down there for a burger at Three Crowns, or for tacos at Deli Casa.
Good luck with the 'Bee!

Welcome from Fresno! Great looking '70 too! Health and family come first, absolutely.
Besides having a few friends and relatives down there I've done a lot of work for that glass manufacturing plant on the other side of the fence from Sun Maid...and I've been known to cruise my '68 down there for a burger at Three Crowns, or for tacos at Deli Casa.
Good luck with the 'Bee!

A cousin worked at Guardian for 30 years before moving on several years back. Three Crowns and Deli Casa are a couple of my Kingsburg favorites. Pre-pandemic the Last Chance Band would set up at Deli Casa on Thursday night about once a month. That was an automatic for me. :)

View attachment 1216237

Thanks for all the replies - yeah I understand the blessing I've been afforded, colitis is a relentless disease and I'll spare the details but Nancy had her colon removed. Before a surgery like that was possible, she would certainly have died ten years ago and without her I would have died soon after of mal-nutrition lol. We camp north of that Rock and Three Stacks a couple two/three times a year, Pea Soup Andersen's seems like ancient neighboring town history and the company I have worked for nearly 40 years has supplied a number of packaging systems to Sun Maid here in Kingsburg. Happy New Year everybody! :)
my friend has had colitis for 25 years now and it s not easy but he staring and living life to the fullest
happy new year and all the best wishes to you and yours

If you see a black quad cab 04 dodge dually with blue flames in the lot, thats me.

Welcome, from Boston. Nice ride!

my friend has had colitis for 25 years now and it s not easy but he staring and living life to the fullest
happy new year and all the best wishes to you and yours

It seems to me that the majority of those who have colitis are able to keep it at bay with certain drugs or treatments. Once my wife was diagnosed, we tried a number of the available drugs but it came on so aggressively that her gastro doctor had doubts that the even the infusion therapy/drugs would be able to help her. He recommended pretty quickly that she take the surgical option which seemed horrific at the time but Nancy lives an almost normal life today. These days there even seems to be a wider assortment of drug treatments available, pray that your friend is able to keep a handle on his/her condition. :)

Welcome. Cool car. NOW GET THAT TOP OUT OF THE BOX. I bought a NOS gold vinyl top for my 71 GTX and kept it in the box for several years. When I installed it, it had stripes where it was folded. Now they won’t go away. They fade when I put armor all on it, but that only lasts a day or so. Going to try re-dye if I can get a color match.

If you see a black quad cab 04 dodge dually with blue flames in the lot, thats me.

Well if you should see an orange and white 71 Chevy (I know...) K10 pull up that will be me. I tow my little travel trailer with that truck and make Morro Strand State Beach Campground our base of operation for a week.

Welcome. Cool car. NOW GET THAT TOP OUT OF THE BOX. I bought a NOS gold vinyl top for my 71 GTX and kept it in the box for several years. When I installed it, it had stripes where it was folded. Now they won’t go away. They fade when I put armor all on it, but that only lasts a day or so. Going to try re-dye if I can get a color match.

Yeah I have wondered about the long term storage of the top folded up in a box. But, it is NOS material with the Stauffer Chemical print on the cloth side dated 1969. I figure it had been folded up for 30 years when I acquired it so hey what's another 20??

Welcome to FBBO from snowy Ontario, Canada. That is a good looking '70 Six Pack project you have there. I bought a new 1969 SuperBee about 2 months before the A12 option came out. I wish the salesman had mentioned it; about an extra $400. I am glad you wife is doing well, she has such a lovely smile. Health and family come first; then toys as you can afford them.

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. Cool car. Wishing the best of health for the both of you.

Auto Transport Service
Back