• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy from england

HI :eek:ccasion14:

Some more pic's of my 64' Polara 500.

Imported into England from near Bakersfield, California.
From what history i can find out about the Polara, it was sold at auction after being in a private collection for 28 years.
Had been drag raced in the California with a stroker motor fitted.
Apart from that, i cant find out anymore history of who owned it etc.
L A built and sold out Bakersfield so been a " dry state " California Classic all its life ( until it came to England ) where the weather hasn't been that dry since the Polara arrived here.

The 440 is a fresh build and was built in England by
Dave Billadeau @ BILLADEAU SPEED & AUTOMOTIVE,
www.billadeau-speed.co.uk.

440 c.i. ( standard bore ) Six Pak spec ( extra bottom end work done ).
MSD billet dis / MSD ing.
Performer RPM inlet.
Demon 950 cfm carb.
Hedman headers.
Stainless steel 3 " exhaust with 90' 3" side kick outs from back of Spin Tec boxes finishing in front of rear axle,
( fitted with drop outs for on the strip ).
Full race spec 727 Torqueflight.
Manual reversed pattern valve body.
9" 3000 High stall converter.
SCS shifter.
8 3/4 Suregrip, 4.10 gears.
33 spline aftermarket shafts.

6 point cage with hinge out door bars.
Subframe connectors.
Pro Stock leaf springs.
Delco 500 drag shockers all round.

Body graphic's are sign written ( by hand ) here in England to give the 64' Polara that " OLD SKOOL " Nostalgic look. :headbang:

That's what I was gunna say! Love to see early "b" bodies from around the world.:icon_hang:

What's even cooler is to be standing on a street corner in another country and see one rumble by randomly. Cool but odd at the same time.

Nigel! Hi from THIS side of the pond! :hello:

I see you bought Jerry & Marc's 64 :love10:

Did you buy the Coronet recently too? I think I saw it up for sale on the MMA forum. Well sorted race car, that, by the looks of it :icon_thumright:

Catch you at the Pod in July :icon_wink:

Hi Maxie,

Yeah is the one, brought it from Jerry, super straight / solid Polara .

The 69' Coronet is my ex race car.
I owned it for 14 years and it's somehow ended up where it is now.

CAUTION :- Spec details within that advert are VERY FALSE.

I have the build spec sheets / bills for build / work done on the Coronet AND they are NOTHING like what is stated in the 4 sale advert.

" DODGIE DODGE DEALER " as known for time within England.

Last edited:
Hi Maxie,

Yeah is the one, brought it from Jerry, super straight / solid Polara .

The 69' Coronet is my ex race car.
I owned it for 14 years and it's somehow ended up where it is now.

CAUTION :- Spec details within that advert are VERY FALSE.

I have the build spec sheets / bills for build / work done on the Coronet AND they are NOTHING like what is stated in the 4 sale advert.

" DODGIE DODGE DEALER " as known for time within England.

Gotcha :icon_winkle:

Is it still for sale with the Dodgy Dealer?

Gotcha :icon_winkle:

Is it still for sale with the Dodgy Dealer?

Hello again Rob,

It was on Friday last week, someone else rang me asking about spec, cost stated for 4 link system / tin work / shafts / wheels / actual engineering shop and about a few other things ( ALL FALSE ).
This IS NOT GOOD because that put's other people off from going to " that car builder / engineering shop " and also said that the Coronet had been relisted under a different heading.
People in the UK Drag Race World know me and know the car, know where the work was done and what the Coronet is in it's build so when stated different like that in the advert, then questions are being asked ( as is ).
I hope you understand and i would like to think you know where i am coming from about this subject Rob !!.

Auto Transport Service
Back