• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy from Jersey...

gutterboy

Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
Hello out there! I have been browsing your site for a few months now and am ready to join the community. I live in central jersey and own a 1970 Satellite with a 440/727 combo. I bought the car last year cause I figured it was time to act upon my life long dream.

When I was about 7 years old, my dad owned a 1970 Belvedere 2 door and I thought it was the coolest car. It had a 318 and air shocks in the rear, so it had a cool rake to it. I thought it was a race car. The first time I ever went over 75 mph was in that car. i thought it was a rocket because it just kept accelerating. Children can be so impressionable. So after a few years searching for that specific car to no avail, I decided to buy my own.

So, here she is. She is a little rough around the edges, but hopefully with my limited ability and some of this forums know-how and advice, she can be a sweet driver/cruiser. If my dad didnt live in Florida, I know he would be wrenching on it every weekend with me. Also, check out the only known pic of dads car. Thats my brother and I in the shot.

zOct092301.jpg

100_0746.jpg

100_0744.jpg

100_0742.jpg

Welcome from NW Indiana. Nice car, Looks good from here.

Welcome aboard. Whereabouts in Jersey ? I'm from Woodbridge originally.

Welcome. I'm new round here myself, but I'm in central jersey. Metuchen to be exact.
Whereabouts do you live?

Christ I love your car man!

You can't escape the power of sentimental value. So few are fortunate to have it yet, to me, it can be the most valuable part.
You should be very proud of the car and the history
Hail Gutterboy

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. For the Jersey guys, I live in Hamilton Twp., just outside of Trenton. I used to work in both Woodbridge and Metuchen, so I know where you guys are from. Im from Lodi (Bergen Co.) originally, but moved down this way a few years ago to start a family.

Hey,
Great ride. I'm a jersey guy as well. Bergen county. How about a car show meet sometime soon.

hello from iowa. always did like the 70 body style

Thanks everybody. Hey Chris, Whiskey Cafe in Lyndhurst(I think) has a cruise-in each week in the summer starting May 1st. I will also be at Englishtown for the show/swap meet on April 18th.

gutterboy,

I have been there a few times. It's only about 20 minutes from me. We will definitely see each other there this spring. If I make it to Englishtown I'll let you know.

-C

Auto Transport Service
Back