• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy from NC trying to help a friend

td9323

Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm seeking advice from B-body guys about a car I have. I had a good friend pass away last year. He had several 67 Coronets that his wife(Paige) asked me to help sell. This is the last one. I'm not really in touch with this market. This is a very solid car that did run very well until the block cracked in this past January's cold weather. It is a real R/T, 440, 727, Dana 60. I have the title but the previous owner put Paige's name on it so its no longer open and she isnt really interested in going through the NC inspection process. So its a straight, solid car with a broken engine and a title problem. I'm interested in opinions concerning value. If I'm in the wrong forum, please advise. I have many more pics and details. Thanks, Ron

IMG_2457.JPG IMG_2459.JPG

Paige doesn't have to go through the inspection process. She must get a new "original" title in her name or it cannot be sold. No "and's, if's or but's"

up a pic up of the fender tag and welcome to the site

Ill start a thread in the general discussion forum with more details. Ill get a pic of the fender tag also. In NC, a buyer can get a bonded title for any vehicle, no original title necessary. Other states may have similar processes. Obviously, this will be much easier if i can get her to clear the tile issue.

Welcome from North Carolina, Greensboro to be exact. In N.C., being it is a classic car, she does need to go through the inspection process to title the car. As long as the VIN plate matches the title, it's an easy process. She has to go through the Licensing and Theft bureau to do it. They will come to her since the car does not run. If she doesn't do it (inspection), the buyer will NEVER be able to title the car. I might be interested in the car, IF the price is right. PM me if you have any questions.

In NC, a buyer can get a bonded title for any vehicle, no original title necessary.

ONLY if the previous title is clear. And trust me, the bonding process is a royal pain in the ***. PM me, I am interested in the car and will walk her through the inspection process.

I do the bonding process about twice a year, building model A hotrods. The issue is that its a PA title, hence the theft bureau inspection. She is already in touch with the local DMV inspector. She is just burnt out on everything car related. Her husband left her with a ton of car related stuff. For the sake of conversation, lets assume Ill get the title squared away. Ill let her know that the B-body Mopar community is interested and she needs to get it done. In the meantime, Ill get pics and info with the fender tag in the general discussion forum tomorrow.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

good luck helping the widow out

Welcome from Georgia

Auto Transport Service
Back