• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy here

Welcome from Ohio, mucho help is available here. I've got 3kids that all own 90's Stangs but we all get along, lol. Gotta keep the in-law's happy!

This is the car. The guy that wrote the article is the guy that built it.

Red Dirt Hot Rod - 1969 Plymouth Road Runner
http://knowhow.napaonline.com/red-dirt-hot-rod-supercharged-1969-plymouth-road-runner/

It was in SEMA at one point but has never ran right. With fluids leaking out of every where you can think of. Finally talked my father in law into taking off the D-1 Procharger since neither him or the guy that put it on could tell me what internals it had to withstand that kind of power. When he got the car it had over sized pulleys to knock the boost down. The boost gauge read 2lbs at full boost which is what first made me question it. My father in law refused to take the procharger off at first saying I was just trying to get an edge on him with my car. After taking to a different shop. They told him the supercharger had no business on that engine. Soon after he had it removed.

My mother in law is fed up with the car and wants him to sell it but with well over 100k invested in it. They're lucky to get half that back especially since most of the numbers matching stock parts are long gone.

So, this is the long version of the story. Like I said, I feel bad for him and want to learn all I can about the car (the quirks, specs, what other guys have done, etc) in hopes to at least have him enjoy it.
Certainly looks like a sweet ride. Probably needs some fine tuning and she will run like a champ. I would start with the timing, being supercharged, correct timing is critical. Adding all that forced air, spark has to be just right or that forced air is blowing power out the exhaust. Find a good race shop, and actually see their race cars, not just a sign on the building. They should be able to tune that sweet runner. Good luck and welcome aboard.

welcome to FBBO there is a bunch of great people here that will help

welcome from sunny california , i've got a 69 rr , needs a resto to say it mildly , lol . but its a factory black car .

69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP DRIVER SIDE.jpg 69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP FENDER TAG.jpg 69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP GOOD CLIP.jpg

Welcome!

Good luck with your project.

Post up some pics or a link of your Mustang too. Lots of car guys on here that enjoy more than just Mopar.

Welcome!

Good luck with your project.

Post up some pics or a link of your Mustang too. Lots of car guys on here that enjoy more than just Mopar.
Thank you!

I honestly avoided saying anything about my car out of respect of the forum. But since I was directly asked he's the most current pic I have, except the battery is now in the trunk to make room for a water/meth kit and a slimmer electric fan. So I could dump the 70mm turbo and go to a Precision GEN II 7675. (Notice how uncomfortably close the stock fan is to the turbo hot side.) in all actuality, my car really isn't powered by a Ford anymore. It's all aftermarket except for the interior and the body. It's more of a Frankenstein car. Lol

20160505_201254-01.jpg

Thank you!

I honestly avoided saying anything about my car out of respect of the forum. But since I was directly asked he's the most current pic I have, except the battery is now in the trunk to make room for a water/meth kit and a slimmer electric fan. So I could dump the 70mm turbo and go to a Precision GEN II 7675. (Notice how uncomfortably close the stock fan is to the turbo hot side.) in all actuality, my car really isn't powered by a Ford anymore. It's all aftermarket except for the interior and the body. It's more of a Frankenstein car. Lol

Looks excellent! Very tidy build, I'm sure it puts down some serious power.

Here's a link to some non-Mopar projects. Toss a few pics over here when you get some time.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...r-does-anyone-have-going-on-right-now.117243/

Welcome to FBBO from hot & dry NorCal

good luck & honorable thing to do
to help another car guy sort out his stuff too

Auto Transport Service
Back