• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy with a 69 Coronet

Daly

Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Just recently bought a Coronet, my first Dodge. I've been a GM guy whole life and still love them, but I wanted something different, something not seen in my area much. And the Coronet fit the bill.
It started life as a Coronet 500 with a 318, but now it's got some R/T badges and a 440. My plans are a resto mode/street fighter build. I plan to keep the 440, but eventually swap in a 4 or 5 speed…

This is what I'm starting with…
20150827_165732_zpsrodwca0h.jpg

20150827_165713_zpscczwgcqe.jpg

20150827_165759_zpsdhtj6ao5.jpg

Looking forward to learning about this car and checking out what everyones been doing to theres…

Sweet looking Coronet. Now that you've seen the light we want to welcome you over from the dark side. Welcome to FBBO.

welcome to the b-body forums Daly. great looking Coronet you got there!

Great looking Coronet. Welcome from Michigan.

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm going to drive and enjoy the car for the rest of the season, then over the winter get some parts ordered and installed for next summer…

I forgot to mention the car has been upgraded to Disc brakes up front. The brakes are out of an 80's Cordoba, but eventually I'll upgrade again to some SSBC or such with bigger brakes…

Nice, and welcome aboard! We are however going to need you to proceed to the showers and wash off that Bowtie. :evil5:

:laughing7:

Ha, sorry it doesn't wash off. It'll be that blue Bowtie ahead of it in the drive way that'll be pulling this car around in a few years when I pull the drivetrain and do the body work…

Ha, sorry it doesn't wash off. It'll be that blue Bowtie ahead of it in the drive way that'll be pulling this car around in a few years when I pull the drivetrain and do the body work…

Now you're on the right track ..., GM = Tow Vehicle. :headbang:

All kidding aside, don't be so sure that you'll go back after you experience the attention that 'ole Mope will attract. :icon_thumleft:

Congrats and welcome, car looks like it has nice paint, how is the interior?

I love the 69's, Pretty much anyway you go with it will be nice-
detail the engine bay, change them red heater hoses and air cleaner, paint the scoops red, add some side scoops, put some silver on the grille, add some front markers (if there not in there), some body colored steel wheels, and redline tires. would be gorgeous..
Or change the hood to one of them black a12 look a likes (with hinges), add fuel injection, 18 and 17" wheels, lower pro tires, disc brakes, digital gauges, etc.. Make an awesome pro touring car...

Anyway good luck and enjoy it...

The paints not perfect, but it'll do for now. It needs some work around the windows, there is some rust forming and there is a leak in the truck. I believe it's from the rear window, going to remove it and fix the frame this winter I hope. At the very least silicone it so the leak stops for now…
I'm not sure what colour it's going to be painted yet, definitely not black. It was originally a green car, but I'm not really feeling it either. I'm thinking gun metal right now, but that could change…
The interior is in good shape, the seats were recovered a few years ago. The dash is in good shape, but the gauges need help. It's not a rallye gauge car and I'm trying to figure out a way to put round gauges in, thinking of doing a custom gauge set up…

Nice Coronet

welcome to FBBO from Hot & Dry NorCal

I'm not a clone believer ..... but love and respect the work!!!! welcome

Welcome. Car looks nice. What transmission and rear axle?

727 and highway gears, I believe 2.73… Will change gears eventually…

Auto Transport Service
Back