• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New hemi stick transmission in 71 up b or e body

Harry Williams

Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
Can you put a regular shifter in a new 6 speed manual transmission ? I want to use a 6 speed manual transmission out of a new scat pet car in a 74 challenger. I want to put a shift your handle in it and was wondering if you could do that Other than the factory setup. Also would that transmission be too long compared to say A727 trans? All help appreciated Thanks

From everything I've seen, the TR6060 6spd requires significant tunnel mods to fit. Regarding the handle, I'm sure you can swap it out to whatever you want. If you're planning on working on a challenger, you may get more help on the E-bodies forum.

Yes I believe that you can install a pistol grip onto that trans, in fact I am sure of it because I have a pistol grip in my 10 Challenger RT and I have a pistol grip for my TKX 5 speed.

Auto Transport Service
Back