• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New here

jackster

Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 1964 Chrysler Newport, 361 engine. It has been in my family since it was new. Having ignition issues and looking for guidance

Thanks JP

Well, for starters, welcome to FBBO from western NY! Start by giving us more details on the issue you’re having and watch the magic happen. Guys on here at your service to say the least. And please! Post some pics! We love pics around here!

Welcome to FBBO from Vermont! Post up the issue in the tech section for more visability.

I'll have to get better photos. My GF bought this car in Winston Salem, NC in January 1964. After my GM quit driving I got it while I was in college in 1982. I drove as my car for 4 years until an engine mount cracked off the block. So it sat for 20 years until I found a guy who could weld it on. I had the engine gone through at that time. Not much to do but pistons and valves. Put a different cam in but I can't really tell the difference.

DSCN1440.jpeg

DSCN1439.jpeg

Greetings from northern Michigan.

What a nice hand-me-down. I only ever got old, beat up coats and jeans from my uncles.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome aboard JP!! That Newport looks like it has seen a lot of love. Original paint? Bet granny liked that 361.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. There is certainly a lot of knowledge on this forum to help with you with your '64 Chrysler project. Nice old Newport. Keep it in the family.

Welcome to the site from the hot state of Texas!

Auto Transport Service
Back