• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member 1964 Dodge 330 Max Wedge in CA

McPorGuy

Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score
I've been a member for a while as I was looking at big block b-bodies for a couple of years. The forum was a helpful source of information.

I purchased a 1964 Dodge 330 Max Wedge on July 4. Car features include:

- Dave Koffel built 496, 608HP
- B1 aluminum heads
- Magnesium cross ram manifold
- TCI 727 - push button
- 8 3/4 rear 3.55
- Front disc brakes
- Nice paint and interior
- Restored in 2005
- Written up in a couple of magazines
- You may have seen the car before as it sold at two Mecum auctions in 2014 and 2017 and was listed at a couple consignment dealers.

The car fires up every time. Let it warm up a minute or so and it never dies at idle. I drove it 40 miles each way to a Good Guys show and it tracked down the highway well. No overheating due to an oversized modern radiator with electric fans.

Upon purchase, I had a full exhaust built since the 4" exhaust was too loud for my area. The new exhaust includes Flowmasters and wireless cut outs. The fluids were all changed. Plug were clean. I replaced the date expired tires with Mickey Thompson radials.

I displayed it at the Good Guys in Pleasanton last month. It didn't win anything but quite a few people stopped by to check it out and ask questions.

1964-dodge-330-max-wedge (14).jpeg
1964-dodge-330-max-wedge (15).jpeg
1964-dodge-330-max-wedge (11).jpeg1964-dodge-330-max-wedge (10).jpeg

1964-dodge-330-max-wedge (13).jpeg

1964-dodge-330-max-wedge (12).jpeg

1964-dodge-330-max-wedge (13).jpeg

1964-dodge-330-max-wedge (12).jpeg

Last edited:
That's an awesome car! Must be hair-raising on full throttle with that original steering wheel. I love it!

Greetings from northern Michigan.

With it running a little quieter it's gotta be quite the sleeper. Nice car.

Welcome from Missouri!!

That car is no joke man. Holy smokes is that sweet! Thanks for remembering us when you finally landed your ride! Welcome aboard with that mean machine, from the other side of the country in western NY.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Canada. Beautiful Dodge! As a 1964 Dodge owner, myself, this one definitely qualifies as Car ****! It must be the only one out there without a hood scoop = Sleeper.

Welcome from WNY, and Lovin' that '64 !
Wishing we were closer than a X-Country ride, but I'd like to see that parked next to mine !
0830221843.jpg

Welcome from WNY, and Lovin' that '64 !
Wishing we were closer than a X-Country ride, but I'd like to see that parked next to mine !
View attachment 1342547
Beautiful '63. Nothing says " Race me! " like a '63 2-door post car. It looks like your project is coming together well. A guy up here in Ontario just completed one of these in almost the same color.

Nice 64
Love the color

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Auto Transport Service
Back