• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member - another in SE PA

irrelevant

Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm the second owner of a 1973 Dodge Charger SE I drug out of a Bartlesville, OK pasture in 1994 after paying $350 for it. I got the car running and drove it for about six years as I struggled to put myself through school and progress through the early days of my career. It took every penny I could find to get through school back then, so as things would break on the Charger, they'd get deferred. Finally in late 2000 I felt like I was in a position where I wasn't "judgement proof" anymore, so I decided to take the Charger off the road before I had an accident. ;)

Anyhow I've hauled this car through two big moves, and stored it in various locations over the years. Now I finally have a place to work on it, and time and money. Hopefully I can build and maintain the motivation necessary...and find a source for parts. The stories I can tell of the challenges this car presented and helped me overcome are many, and while it would be a lot easier to just write a check for a fully restored classic car (which I might do someday), I feel I should get her back on the road, in better condition than before.

Nothing special about the car, in itself. 318/2bbl/auto/1973SE. It's the memories, stories, and a physical reminder of the dark days I had to push through to get where I am now.

1994:
IMG_7196 (1).JPG

Pulled out of the garage for a wash in 2010...rolling, not driving:
Profile 2010.jpg

Last week:
Last Week.jpg

Anyhow, thanks in advance for allowing me to join the forum.

So another from Pa. But no town mentioned Southeast Pa. is big.

...It's the memories, stories, and a physical reminder of the dark days I had to push through to get where I am now.
Nailed it IMO. Can't think of a much better reason to see your project through to it's completion. You're statement inspires me all over again. I'm willing to bet there are more here that feel the same way.

Thanks for joining us. Nice project and continue to persevere as you have.

And greetings, welcome to FBBO from western NY!

Unfortunately the town is so small if I mentioned it, I might as well post my address. ;) We're a couple miles from Delaware.

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

good luck with the gen 3 - 73 Charger SE build

Welcome from NE Pa!
Sorry to hear you live so close to Delaware.

:rofl:

(Got some relatives that live near you)

Welcome from Illinois!! Best wishes on your SE project. Great to have that lift. Wish my garage ceiling was high enough for one!

Welcome from the other side of Del Mem/Commodore/Walt bridges!! NICE!!
Know where some of them 73-4s are in yards on this side of river.

20210114_151617.jpg

Welcome from Illinois!! Best wishes on your SE project. Great to have that lift. Wish my garage ceiling was high enough for one!
In retrospect, I wish I'd had the garage ceiling built to 12'. I have 9 1/2', and that's enough for the baseplate lift. I bought a rolling stool to sit on underneath my projects, because I can't stand upright underneath.

Nailed it IMO. Can't think of a much better reason to see your project through to it's completion. You're statement inspires me all over again. I'm willing to bet there are more here that feel the same way.

Thanks for joining us. Nice project and continue to persevere as you have.

And greetings, welcome to FBBO from western NY!
Thank you Sir.

Hi all. I'm the second owner of a 1973 Dodge Charger SE I drug out of a Bartlesville, OK pasture in 1994 after paying $350 for it. I got the car running and drove it for about six years as I struggled to put myself through school and progress through the early days of my career. It took every penny I could find to get through school back then, so as things would break on the Charger, they'd get deferred. Finally in late 2000 I felt like I was in a position where I wasn't "judgement proof" anymore, so I decided to take the Charger off the road before I had an accident. ;)

Anyhow I've hauled this car through two big moves, and stored it in various locations over the years. Now I finally have a place to work on it, and time and money. Hopefully I can build and maintain the motivation necessary...and find a source for parts. The stories I can tell of the challenges this car presented and helped me overcome are many, and while it would be a lot easier to just write a check for a fully restored classic car (which I might do someday), I feel I should get her back on the road, in better condition than before.

Nothing special about the car, in itself. 318/2bbl/auto/1973SE. It's the memories, stories, and a physical reminder of the dark days I had to push through to get where I am now.

1994:
View attachment 1386435
Pulled out of the garage for a wash in 2010...rolling, not driving:
View attachment 1386436
Last week:
View attachment 1386442

Anyhow, thanks in advance for allowing me to join the forum.
9CAC7FC6-9CD1-4E93-AE4E-714C89A7CCED.gif
18BC39FF-3B9E-4FD0-AF2D-8504F5C7F5BF.gif
FBB0A422-65A1-43DA-8FA9-25F32FB5A073.gif
6720CAD3-5490-42DE-AF74-1E8D77AA39C2.gif
CCC430FE-086F-4C9E-B076-78C87F639632.gif
A35E616F-C9E1-4574-ADD6-CADE35E1DA09.gif
7E2F2F12-19CF-4748-80E7-FC96776F0739.gif
B31BCDF0-7A69-4666-AAC9-F53D8C54D2F0.gif
21C41C0C-3791-4673-83F6-8B1D6BAC646C.gif
C6C8BFE1-F873-43AF-A217-48F2D3610FE8.gif

Welcome from NJ!

Auto Transport Service