• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member- DFW TX-67 Charger

KalashnikovKvon

Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Finally decided to join up as I saw a few parts that caught my eye in the past but I didnt have an account. On occasion I would research questions on the car and it kept leading me back here; glad to join where there are so many knowledgeable people cause I don't know jack and wanted to get in the hobby.
Im 32. I've never owned a classic before and daily a 2015 challenger. After going to local carshow where I fell in love with a roadrunner and watching graveyard cars, I was on the hunt. Was on the fence on a 68 roadrunner, 69 charger, and 67 charger. For my skills (none)and what I could afford(not much) I ended up with the 67 and got quite the adventure out of it. I bribed my friend to drive me 8 hours from DFW to Lousiana, drove it, bought it, and drove it back for about 4 hours before getting some good ol vapor lock and leaving us in the hood overnight. Next morning I got it towed to a nice local shop, they had it about a week and said there were no problems with it...driving it back was okay but seems to not want to run smoothly or at all after getting gas. Local shop here in dfw said it was the gas cap!? Seems to be okay now and I try to drive it around town on the weekends; however, did I mention it's kind of a secret and that I gotta hide it in a storage unit! Anyways, thanks for having me and already providing lots of information. Hope to learn more and make some deals.

20211230_075528.jpg

20211230_075627.jpg

20211230_075241.jpg

20211230_075354.jpg

Welcome aboard! Tells more about your car & what options it has.

Welcome from Illinois!! Congratulations on acquiring a great B-Body! Love those fastbacks. Period correct Cragers, Keystones or similar style wheels would really add the wow factor to yours. Dog dish hubcaps just don't do those classic '67 Charger lines the justice they deserve IMO.

Welcome from the former home state of your new neighbors.:lol:

Welcome.. Check the length of the fuel pump push rod. The do wear out and can cause strange fuel delivery issues.

Looks like you made a good choice based on your options.
An original car that may not need much.
Cop rims and drilled dog dishes are my first choice.
There really isn't much that will give you trouble mechanically speaking on this car in stock form.
I note an aftermarket ignition and carburetor (?) which would give me something to investigate.
I'm sure you know there are forums for any questions.
Not much money to make any changes to that, if necessary.
Hint, hint.

welcome-jpg.673376

Vapor lock?

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Finally decided to join up as I saw a few parts that caught my eye in the past but I didnt have an account. On occasion I would research questions on the car and it kept leading me back here; glad to join where there are so many knowledgeable people cause I don't know jack and wanted to get in the hobby.
Im 32. I've never owned a classic before and daily a 2015 challenger. After going to local carshow where I fell in love with a roadrunner and watching graveyard cars, I was on the hunt. Was on the fence on a 68 roadrunner, 69 charger, and 67 charger. For my skills (none)and what I could afford(not much) I ended up with the 67 and got quite the adventure out of it. I bribed my friend to drive me 8 hours from DFW to Lousiana, drove it, bought it, and drove it back for about 4 hours before getting some good ol vapor lock and leaving us in the hood overnight. Next morning I got it towed to a nice local shop, they had it about a week and said there were no problems with it...driving it back was okay but seems to not want to run smoothly or at all after getting gas. Local shop here in dfw said it was the gas cap!? Seems to be okay now and I try to drive it around town on the weekends; however, did I mention it's kind of a secret and that I gotta hide it in a storage unit! Anyways, thanks for having me and already providing lots of information. Hope to learn more and make some deals.

View attachment 1412275

View attachment 1412276

View attachment 1412277

View attachment 1412278
Welcome. Beautiful Charger. How sure are you it’s vapor lock? May want to think about the MSD or ignition control module.

Looks like you made a good choice based on your options.
An original car that may not need much.
Cop rims and drilled dog dishes are my first choice.
There really isn't much that will give you trouble mechanically speaking on this car in stock form.
I note an aftermarket ignition and carburetor (?) which would give me something to investigate.
I'm sure you know there are forums for any questions.
Not much money to make any changes to that, if necessary.
Hint, hint.

welcome-jpg.673376

Vapor lock?

Here we go again.
A plastic filter housing is only good to maybe 6lbs but not 7? Really
A pepsi bottle has like 50 psi in it.

How many would want to blow through a gas filter? (Maybe when I was in my teens, gas tastes awful!)

I prefer a metal filter and for about $7 I can put in a new one and cut the old one in half and see exaclty whats in there.

The point is his mention of vapor lock .
You preference is noted.
Some prefer Coke.

Well, you certainly chose the best car, no offense to anyone.
So.. with that engine badge, and the smallblock in there with a big rad,
What did this bad boy come with originally?

Welcome to the site!! And I like the cop car wheels on it. Makes it look stealthy....

Welcome from Alabama, a really clean looking 67. Fuel issues on a V8 are not common with mostly stock configurations. As mentioned Fuel filter, pump, and pump push rod. If any fuel lines are not routed as stock, then it could be vapor lock. I recommend getting a service manual as it's a necessity for most projects of any kind on these cars.

Here we go again.
A plastic filter housing is only good to maybe 6lbs but not 7? Really
A pepsi bottle has like 50 psi in it.

How many would want to blow through a gas filter? (Maybe when I was in my teens, gas tastes awful!)

I prefer a metal filter and for about $7 I can put in a new one and cut the old one in half and see exaclty whats in there.
Coke! No Pepsi!

Auto Transport Service
Back