• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member for Upstate NY and Hemi help

Mr.Belvedere66

Local time
5:12 AM
Reaction score
Hey all! I've finally decided to join up after years of reading most of these threads. I come from a family of Mopars. My father has a 71 GTX and he recently bought a 65 Belvedere. I have a 66 Belvedere and I got the car when I was 15 as a present from my grandparents as a project car. I am now 31 years old. After years of pouring money into the car we finally thought I had it to a reliable driver. A rebuilt 440, new dana rearend, rebuilt transmission etc. Then the gas pedal stuck one day and I ran into a parked vehicle and totaled the Belvedere. I got the car back and bought another 66 and am currently having someone with a lot more experience putting the two cars together to make one. This new project is towards the end and now I am thinking of putting a Gen II 426 Hemi in it to really "complete" the car. The issue I am having is that I can't find one. I've called the likes of Indy Cylinder Heads and they stated they are 9-10 months out for a new one. Other places on Ebay say that they are anywhere from 2 weeks to 10 weeks. Who do I believe? I trust Indy Cylinder heads but I don't know if I can wait that long. This is a large purchase for me and it terrifies me to buy something this expensive online with no real reviews or guidance on who to go to or who to stay away from. I don't want this to turn into a board where everyone is trashing guys but I don't know who to trust. Any help with be greatly appreciated. I will post a couple pictures of the car after I got it back the first time then a picture of the accident.

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.jpg

Welcome from the Hudson Valley. Can't help you however good luck with getting your sweet Plymouth back on the road. You came to the right right place.

It's a shame to see her banged up but that's a beautiful car man. Glad to see you're committed to bringing it back to life again.

And greetings from about 2 hours west of you! Welcome to FBBO!

Welcome from New Zealand.

Beautiful looking Plymouth you have there. I can't imagine how heartbreaking it is to see it banged up.

I went down the path of trying to find a 426 but could not find a complete engine for love nor money at a sane price. I have abandoned the idea and now thinking/dreaming about a Hellcat engine and transmission. But of course that also means new driveline, suspension and brakes. I don't have that many dollars just laying around.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Welcome!
There's a 472 that popped up yesterday
In mopar Performance parts for sale

Hey all! I've finally decided to join up after years of reading most of these threads. I come from a family of Mopars. My father has a 71 GTX and he recently bought a 65 Belvedere. I have a 66 Belvedere and I got the car when I was 15 as a present from my grandparents as a project car. I am now 31 years old. After years of pouring money into the car we finally thought I had it to a reliable driver. A rebuilt 440, new dana rearend, rebuilt transmission etc. Then the gas pedal stuck one day and I ran into a parked vehicle and totaled the Belvedere. I got the car back and bought another 66 and am currently having someone with a lot more experience putting the two cars together to make one. This new project is towards the end and now I am thinking of putting a Gen II 426 Hemi in it to really "complete" the car. The issue I am having is that I can't find one. I've called the likes of Indy Cylinder Heads and they stated they are 9-10 months out for a new one. Other places on Ebay say that they are anywhere from 2 weeks to 10 weeks. Who do I believe? I trust Indy Cylinder heads but I don't know if I can wait that long. This is a large purchase for me and it terrifies me to buy something this expensive online with no real reviews or guidance on who to go to or who to stay away from. I don't want this to turn into a board where everyone is trashing guys but I don't know who to trust. Any help with be greatly appreciated. I will post a couple pictures of the car after I got it back the first time then a picture of the accident.

View attachment 1482801

View attachment 1482802

View attachment 1482803
Welcome to site !

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. I am hoping you can make your Belvedere beautiful again. I feel your pain; I had a jerk pull out of driveway in front of me, about 3 miles away from home. This took out the driver's front fender and bumper, but was way more repairable than yours. There was no frame or structure damage. $15,000 later, it was good again. Insurance and I split it 50/50, because I took advantage of this situation to have some minor rust repair done, with a full strip and repaint.

Last edited:
Welcome from 2 hours to the East of you in VERmont! Nice Plymouth! Shame it got banged up. Good luck! You are on the right MOPAR site, it's the best on Earth!

View attachment 1482801

View attachment 1482802

View attachment 1482803
Welcome

Welcome
I am in Oneida near you
Working on a 65 Coronet
Best place to learn is right here
I too am a converted GM guy !

welcome to FBBO nice looking Plymouth sorry about your fender bender keep us posted

Welcome to FBBO
was a really nice car

sad that happened

Auto Transport Service
Back