• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member from Alabama

nacacoachjohn

Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,
I am starting a 1968 Superbee Project. Since I don't have fender/door tags, I have decided to make the car my own. I plan to paint it Yellow with the Black Bee Stripe, I may also paint the top black; undecided at this time. The car has AC and Auto Transmission, probably not orignal set up, but more than happy to roll this way. I am new to the restoration scene, but I used to do all my own work on a 1966 Mustang I had about 35 years ago. I found this site and it looks like a good resource and the posts look friendly. I look forward to interacting and learning from those on this site.

Superbee.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. There is a lot of knowledge and help on this site to help you with your 1968 Super Bee project. These cars are not seen often, due to their late-year introduction. Way more RoadRunners were made in 1968. A lot of the colour ads for the 1968 Super Bee showed one in yellow with black stripes. I thought it was beautiful! I bought a new Super Bee in 1969. It was Sunfire Yellow with black Bumble Bee stripes just like the one in the previous year's ads.
If you are leaving your Six Pack hood Satin Black, I think your car would look good with a black vinyl top. I am not usually a fan of vinyl tops on muscle cars, but I have always thought they looked good on the 1969 A12 cars. Just my opinion, of course.

Last edited:
Good Afternoon,
I am starting a 1968 Superbee Project. Since I don't have fender/door tags, I have decided to make the car my own. I plan to paint it Yellow with the Black Bee Stripe, I may also paint the top black; undecided at this time. The car has AC and Auto Transmission, probably not orignal set up, but more than happy to roll this way. I am new to the restoration scene, but I used to do all my own work on a 1966 Mustang I had about 35 years ago. I found this site and it looks like a good resource and the posts look friendly. I look forward to interacting and learning from those on this site.

View attachment 1307181

Thanks,
I like the idea. I was thinking about leaving the roof black and trying to use the chrome trim for vinyl as a transition.
Ideally, I would like to replace the hood with a 68 Power Bulge and black would be a good look.
Thanks for the feed back and I appreciate your thoughts on the project.

Welcome from Illinois!! Nice project car coach. Glad to have you along for the ride.

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from Vermont to the #1 MOPAR forum on Earth! We stand ready to help you out with info and advice. Lots of knowledgeable folks here who are willing to help.

Welcome from the west coast. With the tags missing, you can enjoy not having wankers telling you the car is not "correct" when you are at shows.

newwelcome.jpg

No worries about the "restoration scene" because that won't be what you're doing, from the sound of it.
Have fun!

Greetings from northern MI.

Oh man. Can't wait to see the final product when it's done. Killer plans.

Welcome from Missouri!!

That's why this is the #1 site on Earth, we don' play around. We help each other and keep the MOPAR mark alive and well.

Auto Transport Service
Back