• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member From AZ- 1969 440 Charger- Link to 100+ Pics/Video from Dealer

Welcome from Missouri!!

Radiator is a brand new four core aluminum. Running a flex fan.
Get a Griffin 2 core, they cool much better than a 4 core. They are also a bolt in replacement for the original. I added some chassis black to one of mine and it looks original except no numbers or stampings.
20220119_160954.jpg

Check your timing. That can lead to overheating issues too.

I'd suggest starting a separate thread in the "Heating and Cooling" section if you want to address it further. Guys around here will help you figure out the root cause.

Here's the link Heating, Cooling & AC
Great advice. Thanks!

Get a Griffin 2 core, they cool much better than a 4 core. They are also a bolt in replacement for the original. I added some chassis black to one of mine and it looks original except no numbers or stampings.
View attachment 1382227
Thanks.
Now that the weather is cooler in AZ I am going to start looking at the issues. My biggest issue is that it will also overheat on the freeway, which is telling me something else is really wrong. I had a 2 core in it and then went to the 4 core and I didn't see any difference. I need to get an O2 sensor on it first. It maybe a carb issue.

Thanks.
Now that the weather is cooler in AZ I am going to start looking at the issues. My biggest issue is that it will also overheat on the freeway, which is telling me something else is really wrong. I had a 2 core in it and then went to the 4 core and I didn't see any difference. I need to get an O2 sensor on it first. It maybe a carb issue.
Carb, timing, thermostat, etc, they all play a part.

Very nice Charger I really like the bright green what is that paint color?
I have a 1968 Charger project listed for sale $16,500 for one of my collectors in Anaheim, CA if anybody is looking to buy.
You can check it out here........if you contact Shannon tell him Gary sent you.
1968 Dodge Charger - A TOUCH OF CLASSICS

Very nice Charger I really like the bright green what is that paint color?
I have a 1968 Charger project listed for sale $16,500 for one of my collectors in Anaheim, CA if anybody is looking to buy.
You can check it out here........if you contact Shannon tell him Gary sent you.
1968 Dodge Charger - A TOUCH OF CLASSICS
Thanks!

It is a 2012 Camaro Lime Green.

Auto Transport Service
Back