• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from CA

lu517f186d.gif

Dog beach this morning looking north to "little boats", aka Cayucos.

IMG_3416.jpeg

So an update. We found someone who can give the engine a once over for us and fix her up. We decided to go that route instead of months of trial and error during our spare time. We bought conversion kits for disc brakes. We used a puller to remove the hubs and free one up that had seized. Now she is rolling we put the tires back on so she can go on a trailer. She got a more thorough cleaning and will be moved to the shop on May 15th. We got some more numbers too. The engine block number is 2468130-3 with an LL under it. Which I figured out is a 383. There are some more numbers and symbols by the intake manifold. I am not sure what they are. I will share a picture.

IMG_4217.jpeg

IMG_4214.jpeg

IMG_4222.jpeg

IMG_4219.jpeg

IMG_4229.jpeg

And does anyone know about these floor mats? They are pretty brittle. I am going to have to replace them but haven’t found them on any sites yet. And this random hubcap was in the trunk.

IMG_4230.jpeg

IMG_4231.jpeg

IMG_4213.jpeg

IMG_4221.jpeg

Welcome from just up the road in Clovis. One of my cousins owns a diesel performance/repair shop in Lee-moore which is obviously completely irrelevant...but welcome to the site nonetheless!
I've spent much time there between the NAS, the golf course and even "the palace" (they've got more of my money than I care to admit!)
Best of luck with your car!

and a big welcome from north of the border , beautiful colour combo .

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Canada. Wow! That is a great looking 1964 Polara 500 you have there. I once restored a '64 Polara 500 convertible and am presently working on my Canadian built Polara 4-door hardtop. I can help you with most of the codes, but not all. The way these codes work is by deciphering the number under the letter.
A5 = 3 speed automatic transmission
B2 = ?
F1 = AM radio
H1 = air conditioning
M3 = back up lights
N8 = windshield washers
P2 = remote adjustable rear view mirror
Q0 R5 = 383 two barrel
T4 = 70 amp/hour batteryI
2512 = shipping order #
0221 = February 21, 1964 build date
642 = Polara 500 2- door hardtop
P4 = bucket seats X = black
99 = red, top & bottom
* however, your car looks to be presently painted TT = dark red poly (met.)
which was factory colour for Dodge 880, but not Polara.
* missing codes could be for power brakes, power steering, or console, which your car has.

VIN plate:
64 = Polara 500
4 = 1964
2 = Dodge Detroit assembly plant
* remaining numbers are sequence numbers

I hope this helps. Good luck with your project, and good on you for keeping it in the family. These are great cars.

Dave

11.jpg

P7290112.JPG

Last edited:
Your car is the same color mine used to be when new. Porsche red now but I'm going to change it back to the Ruby Red Poly, or something close with a heavier metallic, when its paint time. Are you attending the Morro Bay show this weekend?

My boys have been making their way home from college these last 2 weeks so I did not make it to Morro Bay. I plan on going to Paso on Memorial weekend. I usually avoid the coast then but I want to go to the show. I have good news. The car is running! Next we will be replacing the breaks. Hopefully we will be cruising soon.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Canada. Wow! That is a great looking 1964 Polara 500 you have there. I once restored a '64 Polara 500 convertible and am presently working on my Canadian built Polara 4-door hardtop. I can help you with most of the codes, but not all. The way these codes work is by deciphering the number under the letter.
A5 = 3 speed automatic transmission
B2 = ?
F1 = AM radio
H1 = air conditioning
M3 = back up lights
N8 = windshield washers
P2 = remote adjustable rear view mirror
Q0 R5 = 383 two barrel
T4 = 70 amp/hour batteryI
2512 = shipping order #
0221 = February 21, 1964 build date
642 = Polara 500 2- door hardtop
P4 = bucket seats X = black
99 = red, top & bottom
* however, your car looks to be presently painted TT = dark red poly (met.)
which was factory colour for Dodge 880, but not Polara.
* missing codes could be for power brakes, power steering, or console, which your car has.

VIN plate:
64 = Polara 500
4 = 1964
2 = Dodge Detroit assembly plant
* remaining numbers are sequence numbers

I hope this helps. Good luck with your project, and good on you for keeping it in the family. These are great cars.

Dave

View attachment 1459271

View attachment 1459272
Thank you for all the info. Your cars are nice.

Auto Transport Service
Back