• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member from Georgia

Hi all,

Just took possession of a 1966 Dodge Coronet 500 that my dad purchased new. I was lucky enough to go with him on delivery day in October, 1965. It's been in the family the entire time, and now I'm planning a restoration.
I reside in the NW Atlanta suburbs, so looking forward to meeting other members.
Thanks for having me!
Daniel
Welcome from sw Florida

Long time since my last update. Car arrived from California in February of 2021. The 273 and A904 were pulled, along with the interior and all exterior trim. Built a 360 and another A904 with overdrive. Delivered to the body shop in Cartersville, Ga. in April, and I pulled it out in August after a disagreement with the owner of the shop. Found a shop in Kennesaw, Ga that promised to finish the work in one month (The hard stuff was completed - both quarters below the body line, trunk pan, trunk extensions, and wheel housings). It's now exactly a year later, and while work has been done, I see no end in sight to finish the paint (it's in body shop purgatory), so I'm pulling it from this shop. I found someone locally (Cobb County NW of Atlanta) that came recommended. He says he can take it in the beginning of September to finish it up. At this point, it only has 2 days of bodywork left - hood and deck lid need to be wiped one more time, and there are a couple of spots on the roof that need attention. Engine compartment, door jambs, and interior portion of doors are painted, and everything else has been primed and blocked multiple times. If this painter doesn't come through, I'll be looking for someone - hopefully in North Georgia to finish it. All the restoration shops are full for at least 6 months, and the collision shops won't touch it. Any leads will be appreciated. I'm willing to trailer it to neighboring states (Alabama, Tennessee, N.C.) or another part of Georgia if necessary.

IMG_4944.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_9747.JPEG

IMG_4921.jpg

IMG_4676.jpg

IMG_4956.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4855.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

Just took possession of a 1966 Dodge Coronet 500 that my dad purchased new. I was lucky enough to go with him on delivery day in October, 1965. It's been in the family the entire time, and now I'm planning a restoration.
I reside in the NW Atlanta suburbs, so looking forward to meeting other members.
Thanks for having me!
Daniel
Hallo!I am in Marietta and since 1970 own what turned out to be the first Hemi car (69 Roadrunner) produced for the year. Are you interested in getting in touch?

Hallo!I am in Marietta and since 1970 own what turned out to be the first Hemi car (69 Roadrunner) produced for the year. Are you interested in getting in touch?
Yes sir! My first car as a junior in high school in 1974 was a B5 ‘69 RR with a 383 and 4 speed. I’m in Acworth - pls PM me

Yes sir! My first car as a junior in high school in 1974 was a B5 ‘69 RR with a 383 and 4 speed. I’m in Acworth - pls PM me
Hey Daniel! We are basically two peas in a pod, we live that close. I would like to meet you and to exchange fun - or not- facts about our cars. Right row my bird is garage bound due to a brake problem happened some time ago and I am in the middle of fixing it, hopefully. I can certainly give you my phone number so we can figure how to proceed from there. Here it is: 770-977-8065. I have my phone on 2 rings and it goes to phone mail, so leave your name and I will call you back. ok? Roberto

Hey Daniel! We are basically two peas in a pod, we live that close. I would like to meet you and to exchange fun - or not- facts about our cars. Right row my bird is garage bound due to a brake problem happened some time ago and I am in the middle of fixing it, hopefully. I can certainly give you my phone number so we can figure how to proceed from there. Here it is: 770-977-8065. I have my phone on 2 rings and it goes to phone mail, so leave your name and I will call you back. ok? Roberto
Will do!

Welcome from the PDR of Maryland
I have a 66 too, working on it now
Just finished the front disc installation, put a new crossmember in and a new floor. I'll start on the rear fenders soon then its off for paint, so my wife can drive it. The interior is on the way. She loves it

20220219_173605.jpg

20220219_173700.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back