• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from Illinois

I'd like to know what is the hole for on the rear right fender.

20220419_125509.jpg

Did the car have a rear mounted antenna? If the right front fender has no hole, that's probably the answer. How about a closer picture of hole.

Welcome to FBBO Mike!! That is a great car you have there. Thanks for sharing your story and photos.

Welcome to FBBO, Mike. That is a great Charger R/T and great story. You did your dad proud with your restoration. I bought a new Super Bee in 1969. I did not order it, but bought it the same afternoon it came off the car transporter. The dealership had ordered it for lot inventory with a lot of interesting options (power disc brakes, 3.91 SureGrip, Hemi suspension, RamAir, column shift auto). However, it did not have a radio. When I asked about this, the salesman said that whenever they ordered a "hot car" (his term; nobody called them muscle cars yet) for inventory, they ordered them with no radio. The reason for this was that rear deck mounted aerials were a fad at this time. If a radio was ordered, the front fender would always be punched for an antenna. By paying the factory option price, the dealership would mount the radio and place the aerial wherever the customer desired. This is what I did to have a rear deck aerial installed on my SuperBee. See if your build sheet or fender tag is coded for a radio.

Welcome from Missouri!! Congrats on a fine family memory!!!

Wow, Now is not the time to be asking that question! Filling that hole now would be
a Royal P.I.T.A.

Nice Charger , its great your dad hung onto it all the years.
Make sure to get a paint can label or the paint code to keep for the color change.
Much of that stuff gets lost to time.
A plastic flush mount body plug the correct size will fill that hole.
Late model cars at the pic a parts are full of them, door jambs ect. You could scuff and paint it for now until you want to get it fixed .

Auto Transport Service
Back