• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from Long Island NY - back after a 10 year family break

cdkmbjones

Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, I am getting back into the hobby again after a 10 year "family" break - you know the one. The one where after many years of owning, restoring and enjoying your classic car(s) you sell for some family reason - kids, house, etc.. The cars I have sold over the years - if only I had them now. The 1970 FY1 roadrunner convertible w fact a/c and 4 speed, the 70 Challenger RT 440-6 convertible in B5, I could go on and on - the challenger was the last one I let go in 2005 and was a drop dead gorgeous car. So, now that I need more "me" time and am demanding it for my sanity, I am starting all over again with a lot less resources but luckily I found a great project - a 1971 Super Bee 440-6. It needs everything - everything! but it is solid and nearly rust free but over the years some bone head thought it would be a good idea to sell parts off it. So, many pricy parts are missing but I will get there. The good thing is all the hidden numbers are correct, and all the metal is decent with only small pin holes in the trunk and pass floor. I could use a clean set of front fenders and of course the entire hideaway headlight setup. But it is a rare car and worth the effort. According to the guys over at the registry it is the only known F-7 dark green metallic 440-6 car to exist. So - off I go, and will be scouring the pages of this site to find parts.
Chris

From a former Long Islander, good luck with your project. I wish I still had some of the cars that my father and I had when I was a kid, like the '64 Porsche C Coupe that he sold to Ralph Kiner, the '68 Hurst/Olds that replaced it (one of 18 with factory AC), and my '66 Ford Galaxie 7-Litre Convertible with the 427 engine option.

Welcome from Joisey !!!

welcome to FBBO

good luck with the projects

happy Moparing

I also have a 1971 Dodge Super Bee that is lime green. I been working on it for 6 years now. I am missing the insert for the hood. I have been looking but no luck.

Thanks all, great site, good community. LaRoy - unfortunatley I dont have any extra parts myself, in fact it is missing just about every big dollar part but I do have a clean set of standard headlight grilles. Don't know why the previous owner threw them in the trunk since it is a hideaway headlight car.

Auto Transport Service
Back