• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from Louisiana

Cjmar88

Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
Hi, my names Cj. First a little info on myself. I'm 26 years old. I've been a corporate pilot since I was 21. I started flying when I was 18. I'm working on a my degree in professional Aviation. I decided I wanted to serve my country before I got to old so I enlisted in the army a few months ago. I'm in ROTC and will commission in a year an a half when I wrap my degree. I leave for basic at ft benning ga in two months. In the meantime I'm enjoying the weather with my woman, my car, and my dogs.

I just bought my first mopar/bbody last April. She's a 1972 Charger Rallye b5 blue 440 magnum. I say she's "fully restored" but let's face nothing ever really is.

Here's some basic info: The block is original. Bored 30 over, she's got a big ole comp cam and total top end upgrades, a quickfuel 1250cfm carb on an edelbrock intake, 3 speed slapshift, and a 4.10 rear end.

She originally came fully loaded with power steering, power windows, stereo, A/c, rear window defogger, tinted glass, Rallye package and more. She sold for just over $5,200.00 back in 72. I have some of her original paperwork.

Now this is my first classic/mopar/muscle car. I'm more experienced with rebuilding airplane engines then cars. It's been a fun hobby and learning experience. I've found lots of good info here already! I'm looking forward to being part of this community.
Any questions or comments appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

More stuff to share.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 200
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
The engine bay pics are dated. Since then there have been new improvement to the cooling system. It has an oil cooler, bigger radiator, and replaced the old mech fan with three electric fans, and a new high output alternator to keep them spinning. I'll post more current pics soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 177
Hi, my names Cj. First a little info on myself. I'm 26 years old. I've been a corporate pilot since I was 21. I started flying when I was 18. I'm working on a my degree in professional Aviation. I decided I wanted to serve my country before I got to old so I enlisted in the army a few months ago. I'm in ROTC and will commission in a year an a half when I wrap my degree. I leave for basic at ft benning ga in two months. In the meantime I'm enjoying the weather with my woman, my car, and my dogs.

I just bought my first mopar/bbody last April. She's a 1972 Charger Rallye b5 blue 440 magnum. I say she's "fully restored" but let's face nothing ever really is.

Here's some basic info: The block is original. Bored 30 over, she's got a big ole comp cam and total top end upgrades, a quickfuel 1250cfm carb on an edelbrock intake, 3 speed slapshift, and a 4.10 rear end.

She originally came fully loaded with power steering, power windows, stereo, A/c, rear window defogger, tinted glass, Rallye package and more. She sold for just over $5,200.00 back in 72. I have some of her original paperwork.

Now this is my first classic/mopar/muscle car. I'm more experienced with rebuilding airplane engines then cars. It's been a fun hobby and learning experience. I've found lots of good info here already! I'm looking forward to being part of this community.
Any questions or comments appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

More stuff to share.
Sweet ride. Welcome aboard

welcome to FBBO that's a nice looking charger

hi and welcome to the site that's a very nice car :headbang:

Welcome,
sharp ride CJ!!!

Sharp looking charger !!
Welcome to the site and good luck on your military deal.

Nice 72 Charger & welcome to FBBO from NorCal

Welcome from Minnesota....beautiful ride.

Beautiful car!! I bet you enjoy driving that around. What size et streets are on back of it?

Beautiful car!! I bet you enjoy driving that around. What size et streets are on back of it?

Right now Ive got P275/60R15 but I just realized if got some extra room so I'm switching to P295/55R15 next month.

Yes I love it! I find any reason on earth to fire her up. I'm always happy to run the errands as long as the weather is good!

Right now Ive got P275/60R15 but I just realized if got some extra room so I'm switching to P295/55R15 next month.

Yes I love it! I find any reason on earth to fire her up. I'm always happy to run the errands as long as the weather is good!

They fill the wheel well out pretty nice! It seems to look like a really good car, I have a 73 charger and I find every excuse to take the car out. I think I'm going to order 275/60r15's for the rear of mine this week. I have 275/55r15 on the back now but I want ET streets.

Auto Transport Service
Back