• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from SUX

Local time
3:36 AM
Reaction score
I don't have a B body yet but I've been really wanting to get back into the car scene again. As you can tell by the name I've owned neons and now want to make the change over to the old school mopar side of the world. I'm originally from the metro Detroit area from a family line of Chrysler employees so I was basically born a Mopar fan, had no choice if I wanted to come home. I have since ventured around and currently reside in Sioux City, IA. Of the other cities I've lived along the way Sioux City does actually have what I think is a decent car scene and even have an even called RockN Rods where they legally drag race downtown. Going to these meets has got me itching bad to get back into the car scene and start learning again. As mentioned I came from the Neon scenes and know fuel injection vehicles pretty well even went to school for automotive a few years ago, switching to the carb world has me back learning and researching.

I think that's enough about me personally (well one more thing i'm 28) and down to the car(s) that i'm interested in. As mentioned being a neon guy I was tempted to go the SRT-4 route but i'm convinced old school is where I want to go. My wish list isn't very detailed. After doing some research early 70's B bodies is what i'm looking towards. Im not looking at spending a lot of change on a car and is not anything of show room quality. I'm looking for something that has little rust but nothing major and for motors i'm looking at 318 or maybe 360. Big block would be nice but i'm looking for a car I don't mind cruising in. Also as mentioned being from Detroit I plan on driving the car the 12 hours to Michigan to hit up some car meets/shows/cruises such as Harper or Gratiot cruises for example.

I came very close to acquiring a 72 Plymouth Satellite with a 318 but the owner decided he was going to keep it. After looking at other body styles and cars where I was looking to spend I actually became fond of the 72 and think that's the car i'm going to try and aim for. I'm only looking at spending a couple grand for a car (unsure of that budget but on the low side) and just looking for something to tinker around with. Since I was looking at acquiring the 'teen I was looking at just doing a mild build with that get maybe around 300+HP and be happy if that's possible.

I hope to learn a lot from my fellow Mopar Maniacs. Lurking around here this seems like a decent family and are willing to help. I've been on forums where people are snobby because they are the know it alls or they have the nicest vehicle on here. I don't see it and that's why I joined in hopes to learn more, share my knowledge and enjoy my time.

Thanks for reading,
Randy

Welcome to the site. Glad to see some younger blood interested in these old cars.

Hi there unorthodoxneon! Good entry story. I've had fun with neons, you'll have fun with your '72 when you get it.

welcome to FBBO

Welcome to the site Randy, I'm 21 so it's cool to see another younger guy on here. FBBO is an awesome place to be and learn from. Good luck with your search and keep an eye on Craigslist, worked for me
:eek:ccasion14:

Mr.Speed I was at a car meet about a month ago seen someone in a 68? Satellite. Started talking and he said he was 18. So the young people are out there to keep the dream alive. And yes craigslist gets searched every now and then, been looking down south mostly.

Also thanks to all the others that welcomed me.

That's awesome, I know there's a few more on here younger than that even, cool too see the torch getting carried on. That's the way to do it, and the further south of you the better probably. There's plenty of guys on here with rust belt cars that are having to do some serious metalwork. Took me about a year of religously checking Seattle to LA Craigslist to find a deal on a decent Charger without too many holes haha

Auto Transport Service
Back