• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from SW Michigan

Boosted66

Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys!

New member from southwest Michigan. I've read these forums a lot since the wife and I picked up our 66 Satellite last year, figured it was finally time to join up.

Not really new to the car hobby, our family has always been into drag racing. We did that for quite a few years until the amount of work required went through the roof with the classes we had gotten into. My wife and I started looking last year for a fun street car to replace our motorcycles and eventually found the 66 Satellite only a few miles away. Factory 383 4 speed console car. The body and paint was pretty well done and good to go, and no rust issues anywhere since it was a california car most of its life.

We put a good amount of miles on it last year after replacing the carb and ignition, and fixing more than a few hack jobs from the previous owners.

Fast forward to this past winter, I looked around at some options to get a bit more power but still be nice and driveable since it's a dedicated street car. I've always wanted a supercharged car, so I found a good deal online for the Paxton centrifugal kit for 440's and went with that. A few new bolt holes on the mounting plates and no problem with fitment on the 383. Also went with a new Holley Super Sniper EFI kit and new fuel system all through. Don't have much time on the new combination yet, been working through a fair amount of initial issues that cropped up but slowly getting more miles on it. I have some questions for the tech forums here for sure I'll be following up with.

I'll post some pictures of the day we got it home, and what she looks like now.

Mike

image1.jpg image2.jpg image3.jpg image4.jpg

Welcome from Alabama, great choice in a B body.

Thanks guys! We really fell in love with the 66-67 body lines once we saw this one in person, plus they are a bit more affordable than the 68-up era for sure.

Welcome from mid-Michigan. Great looking Plymouth

Welcome from Missouri!!! Great look car!!

nice ride

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from over Pinckney way. Nice looking car, hope to see it around if the gubnor ever opens the state!

Welcome from over Pinckney way. Nice looking car, hope to see it around if the gubnor ever opens the state!

Thanks! We live out in the country and everyone around here pretty much went back to life as normal a few weeks ago other than some stores and restaurants still being closed, they just can't keep people at home forever. The local dragstrip opened up this weekend for bracket points members I believe as well. No car shows that I know of for a while yet though which is no good.

Mike

Looks like they haven't cancelled Mopars at the Red Barns. Hopefully things will be more normal before then and we can go to that one.

Beautiful Car!! Keep us posted on the new power adder, been thinking about that for mine.
Welcome from WA.

Beautiful Car!! Keep us posted on the new power adder, been thinking about that for mine.
Welcome from WA.

So far I couldn't be happier! The car came with a .030 over 383 than ran pretty well, but had a mopar purple grind .484 cam likely installed straight up and didn't have much cranking compression, hardly over 130 psi, flat top pistons, stock 516 heads. It was fun but couldn't have made much over 300hp. I figured this would be a good way to have a bit more fun for a little while without pulling the motor, the low cranking compression made it a good candidate I think. It already makes too much boost considering it likely has cast pistons, pulling a ton of timing to keep it safe, and cold plugs. On just a very short hit at around 5000 rpm it was at 8 psi and was using enough fuel for somewhere around 525hp. Made it a whole different car and still just as streetable, but definitely a lot of work and uses a lot of room in the engine compartment. I went efi at the same time which is great for adjusting timing and fuel easily but that is a learning curve as well.

Mike

Welcome from SW Michigan too! I’m in the St Joseph area, hope to see ya around

Dale

Welcome from SW Michigan too! I’m in the St Joseph area, hope to see ya around

Dale

Hi Dale! Good to see someone else local to this area, we live about 10 miles west of Kalamazoo. Very familiar with the St. Joseph/Benton Harbor area, my wife used to work over that way for quite a few years. Maybe we'll get a chance to meet up one of these days.

Mike

So far I couldn't be happier! The car came with a .030 over 383 than ran pretty well, but had a mopar purple grind .484 cam likely installed straight up and didn't have much cranking compression, hardly over 130 psi, flat top pistons, stock 516 heads. It was fun but couldn't have made much over 300hp. I figured this would be a good way to have a bit more fun for a little while without pulling the motor, the low cranking compression made it a good candidate I think. It already makes too much boost considering it likely has cast pistons, pulling a ton of timing to keep it safe, and cold plugs. On just a very short hit at around 5000 rpm it was at 8 psi and was using enough fuel for somewhere around 525hp. Made it a whole different car and still just as streetable, but definitely a lot of work and uses a lot of room in the engine compartment. I went efi at the same time which is great for adjusting timing and fuel easily but that is a learning curve as well.

Mike

What are the part numbers and brand? Save me some web searching:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back