• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from SW Michigan

Welcome from South East Michigan, great place for info and great like minded people

untitled.png
You know about the 516 heads, right?

What are the part numbers and brand? Save me some web searching:thumbsup:

I got the Paxton 1201860-1 which is the 440 base kit without discharge components, in a satin finish. They do have versions with the discharge tubes, but I didn't figure they would work with the different head unit distance from the block on my 383 verses a 440 so I made my own. For a 440 it would pretty much be a bolt on deal.

View attachment 956586
You know about the 516 heads, right?

I should rephrase that they are most likely the stock 516 heads, I actually haven't checked into them that much. Should be closed chamber, probably soft valve seats unless the previous owner upgraded them when it was rebuilt a while back. With the head gaskets on it, flat top pistons, and only 130psi cranking I can't figure those heads should be much of an issue for the time being? I'm using some really cold plugs and pulling a ton of timing as well.

Mike

I should rephrase that they are most likely the stock 516 heads, I actually haven't checked into them that much. Should be closed chamber, probably soft valve seats unless the previous owner upgraded them when it was rebuilt a while back. With the head gaskets on it, flat top pistons, and only 130psi cranking I can't figure those heads should be much of an issue for the time being? I'm using some really cold plugs and pulling a ton of timing as well.

Mike
Yes, closed chamber - and have the smaller 1.6" exhaust valve, along with smaller exhaust ports in need of some
cleaning up.
Ma went to a 1.74" exhaust valve, along with better porting, from there (although I've read some of the 915 heads
retained the smaller valve, too).

Auto Transport Service
Back