• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member from the Heartland - 1971 Super Bee N96 + Hideaways

dhauser

Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name's Doug. First, I just want to say what a wonderfully informative site this is. I've been poring over the threads for several weeks trying to absorb all the knowledge of the great members here. Of all the mopar sites I've looked over, this one is far and away the best for my money!

I recently bought a 1971 Super Bee, matching #s 383, auto, 3.55 posi, N96 Ramcharger option, hideaways, buckets/console, salt/pepper black & white upholstery, and AM/cassette/recorder options. EV2 hemi orange, black vinyl top, factory original front spoiler, and 15-inch rallyes. It is a very complete, original, running and driving project car. It has beautiful doors and solid floors and trunk, but will need metal work in most all other lower areas of the car. I'm planning to do a complete restoration in the near future, but have just gotten it running right and want to enjoy it for awhile before tearing it down. Both the Ramcharger hood and hideaway lights function perfectly. It is a 2-tag car, but unfortunately is missing the main tag (the secondary tag is still in place). Hopefully I've correctly attached a few pictures.

I'm not new to classic cars, as I operate a small, one-guy classic car business here in KC. But I am new to the Mopar restoration game, and esp new to the 71-74 B-bodies. I got the bug to find a '71 Charger/Bee after purchasing a wonderful, totally loaded, 30-factory option 1974 Charger Rallye 400 that was about 85% restored. I've just finished it, and will soon present it to the B-body community here before letting anyone else have a chance at it. Finishing this Rallye Charger made me fall in love with this body style, and always having admired the wild colors, engines, and options of Mopars, I decided to find one of these to do a complete restoration on to keep for myself.

This '71 will be a long-term project for me, as money is tight and my business just has never recovered from the financial crash of '08. But I plan to rely heavily on the kindness and expertise of all of you, and I will be sure to do a complete thread to highlight my victories, defeats, and lessons learned along the way. I will ask a lot of questions, so I hope that's ok. I will also try to share what insights I can about my journey, as well as other things I think you all can benefit from too.

Attachments

• IntD913.jpg
    IntD913.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 312
  • IntC913.jpg
    IntC913.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 305
  • IntA913.jpg
    IntA913.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 306
  • HoodA913.jpg
    HoodA913.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 319
  • EngA913.jpg
    EngA913.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 292
  • WholeD913.jpg
    WholeD913.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 289
  • WholeA913.jpg
    WholeA913.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 292
welcome to FBBO.....Great choice..Another “Bee” brought back to life again....

Welcome, nice find.

Welcome to the site - great looking project.

Don't worry about how long it will take you just enjoy it and don't get burnt out on it. It took me 8 years to get my 70 RoadRunner done but it has been so worth it. And don't be afraid to get on here and ask for help, there is all ways some one on here to help. Welcome Ronnie

cool 71 Super Bee/Charger project
welcome to FBBO

Welcome to the site, from another hemi orange bee owner in Topeka Kansas.

Hi Doug...
Welcome aboard.
Thanks for joining the forum.
Very nice car!
Looks really complete under the hood!
WOW...N96
Congrads...
"super-bee_ski"

Hi Doug...
Welcome aboard.
Thanks for joining the forum.
Very nice car!
Looks really complete under the hood!
WOW...N96
Congrads...
"super-bee_ski"

That was one of the things I loved best about this car. It has never been modified from stock, which is pretty amazing if you consider how long it's been on the road. It even still has the original power steering cooler, radio, and spare in the trunk.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Hey Doug, welcome from NC. Great looking project, love the color, keep up the good work and how about the Chiefs?

Hi dhauser, welcome to the forum! Nice choice of cars to start off with. Don't worry, there's no way you'll take as long to finish it as I am with my car. :)

Concur with the rest a very cool car. I would do some work to track down the original owner and try to find that fender tag and let's see some pictures of that 74 Rallye already

Welcome Doug.
Always nice to see another Mopar fan from Kansas city here on FBBO !!! Where are you at in K.C. ?? I am north of the river right off of I-29n...

Welcome Doug from the East Valley in AZ. Man that is one nice Bee. Enjoy the journey.

1971_dodge_super_bee-pic-61260[1].jpg hi and welcome to the site you got a nice bee there and just think in no time it will look better than this one and this is a nice bee ,thanks for sharing yours with us :headbang:

View attachment 153847 hi and welcome to the site you got a nice bee there and just think in no time it will look better than this one and this is a nice bee ,thanks for sharing yours with us :headbang:

Wow, that is a gorgeous SuperBee. Oy, just billions of dollars away....

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome Doug.
Always nice to see another Mopar fan from Kansas city here on FBBO !!! Where are you at in K.C. ?? I am north of the river right off of I-29n...

I am north of the river also, between Liberty and the airport just off 291! We'll have to meet up at a Mopar cruise night or something.

Auto Transport Service
Back