• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member from WI

bowtiedoc

Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

As you may have guessed from my username, I am a Chevy guy. But I do restorations and am currently doing a 69 Charger. I know Chevys very well, but am unfamiliar with Mopars. I will be asking a lot of questions.

The car I'm working on for a customer has been an experience. I purchased the 69 factory service manual and started from there. First thing I noticed was the rear end was different. According to the shop manual, the rear is supposed to be similar to a Ford 9 inch with the center section coming out the front. The one in this car is like a GM12 bolt, with the stamped rear cover. Next, when doing the transmission, the planets had 4 pinions, not the 3 I was expecting. Also several of the seals and rings were not quite right. It was the first time I had used this particular parts source, so I just thought they sent the wrong kit. When I got to the motor, it has an EGR valve. Date code on the intake is 12/72 which would make it a '73 motor. My guess is the entire drive train is from a '73.

Now I am looking for the emission control parts (OSAC valve, EGR Temp control valve, etc...).

20220219_160637.jpg

20220312_160240.jpg

20220408_212457.jpg

20220527_165644.jpg

Welcome from Missouri!! I still feel like a duck out of water when it come to these Mopar's.

There should be a set of numbers on the side of the transmission pan rail just below the shift lever. Those numbers will tell what year, make, engine of car it was built for. Of course it could have been upgrade or modified with beefier components by someone else.

Welcome - yes, lots of mopar talent on this site; though get the impression you know how to figure it all out. Neenah? Spent a good amount of time there servicing the Neenah-Menasha School District eons ago. If you might happen to know a guy by the name of Dave Bowser tell him I say hi!

Welcome! Looks like you have a 318/904/ 8 1/4 combo??

Welcome to FBBO

Welcome from Alabama, you got me, I don't speak Chevy.

Suppose a car was smashed in the front and back. Radiator support and trunk gutters had to be replaced with donors.
What would the consequnces be as far as title/registration? Anyone ever ran into this?
Depends on if the numbers were matching before being smashed. Ofcourse there seems to be no downside to 68-70 Chargers. The car still has a VIN#, I would hope.

Welcome aboard from Illinois!! Looks like you've dived right into the deep end of Mopar University with that resto . . . Kudos!

Auto Transport Service
Back