• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member here from Tennessee

ron1

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:54 PM
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Ron. I just picked up a 63 Fury with a 440.

IMG_20230211_225639.jpg

IMG_20230211_225626.jpg

IMG_20230211_225620.jpg

Welcome from Missouri!! Very nice!!

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Wow, Ron, that Fury is a beauty! I tried to talk my Mom into buying one of those when she was shopping for a new car in 1963. I thought the Fury was the most attractive of all the 1963 offerings. I turned 16 that year and saw myself as getting a lot of seat time in her new car. The local Plymouth dealer gave her a bare bones Savoy sedan with a slant six to try out. She was not impressed. The competing Mercury dealer lent her nicely equipped Meteor sedan as a try out. It had a small V-8, power steering and brakes, carpeting, radio , more chrome, etc., so that was what she came home with.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Wow, Ron, that Fury is a beauty! I tried to talk my Mom into buying one of those when she was shopping for a new car in 1963. I thought the Fury was the most attractive of all the 1963 offerings. I turned 16 that year and saw myself as getting a lot of seat time in her new car. The local Plymouth dealer gave her a bare bones Savoy sedan with a slant six to try out. She was not impressed. The competing Mercury dealer lent her nicely equipped Meteor sedan as a try out. It had a small V-8, power steering and brakes, carpeting, radio , more chrome, etc., so that was what she came home with.
Thank you, hope you still got the seat time in the Mercury. When I turned sixteen my parents didn't have much money. They were very young parents. I was able to save up $750 from sacking groceries at the local supermarket. My parents matched me and I bought an 84 Oldsmobile which I wore the wheels off of.

Auto Transport Service
Back