• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member in Michigan with 64 Dodge 440 sedan

64post440

Local time
6:03 AM
Reaction score
I recently picked up a 1964 Dodge 440 2 dr Sedan. Posted a couple pics in the photo gallery forum. I'm new to Mopar hot rods and looking forward to the new purchase. It's powered by a nicely built 440 wedge. I've been doing some research on it over the web and find very little out there on this model in particular. I'm hearing there were only something like 2600 of these made. Lots of little things to do but all in time. Take a look at the pics and let me know what you think.

Welcome to the forum. You'll like it here!

Real nice ride for sure! '64 POLARA 500 was my first Mopar back in the '70s.

There are members here that can help you with your decoding of your fender tag. Look under your dash, on the outside of your glove box and see if a broadcast card might still be there. They help tremendously for what you have there. Original 4 speed car? Nice "eye popping" cross ram set up too!

welcome to FBBO

good luck with the 64 Dodge 440 2 dr

Thanks for all the replies. The car was originally a 383 2bbl auto. A low option car. No radio just heat and wipers with washer. The push button assy has been rebuilt and I have all the parts. Just need a trans guy to make the connections. I think the cables are still attached. I did decode the fender tag and although the car has had a repaint, it is the original color combination. M1Q (turq) interior. KK1 (med turq metallic) w/sweep in white. I just had pypes electric cutouts installed replacing the bolt on caps. Just need to run the wiring. Can't wait for warmer weather here in Michigan.

- - - Updated - - -

Bummer...No broadcast card.

Auto Transport Service
Back