• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member Rebuilding 1967 Coronet 440 2Dr

rods67coronet

Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
My 1967 Coronet 440 2Dr HT was first purchased new by my grandfather's sister! It was her baby! It's a full restore with stripped body now at shop for R&R and Paint.
I need to choose a source for replacement window glass. I'm not trying make it OEM factory, just 'mine' and nice.
My body shop suggests full replacement. He says glass gets brittle. Windshield and Drivers glass are pitted. I have new rubber all around.
Any recommended sources?

Welcome from Iowa to a great web sight.
Post some pics of that 67.
Glass..... if it does not have to be oem check with (Auto City Classics) in MN.
They are a good bunch to deal with.

Welcome (1)c.jpg

Welcome!
Glass gets brittle? Glass is brittle.

Welcome aboard from Ohio. Nice project, good luck.

Welcome from So Cal! Love those "Keeping it in the Family" stories! But please post some pics, even in progress... we love ALL MOPARS in ANY condition!

How did the glass get pitted?

The only thing that comes to mind right now is- welding right next to it.

I don't buy the "old glass is brittle" line, either.

The OEM glass in my 1966, '67 and '73 cars is fine.

I save glass from parts cars, too.

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. Some of the components can be had through restoration parts sources. Seals, run channels, regulator rollers etc. Mopar Collectors Guide is a huge reference source for suppliers of said items. Glass getting brittle with age is bogus unless they are talking about plastics. My one instance of using aftermarket glass on a customers 67 Camaro, he supplied the glass, did not impress me. On the door glass, the arc or bow of it vertically didn't match the original and it left a 1/4" open gap at the back when shut/adjusted. Great for massive water leaks.
I have a 65 500 and a 67 wagon in my stable. The kids and mom dig the wagon.
Check out MCG's new site, mopar1source.com for leads.

IMG_4149.jpeg

IMG_0405.jpeg

IMG_4406.jpeg

IMG_1311.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome from Alabama, windshields sometimes delaminate and turn cloudy around the edges. Also they can become pitted from sand, but I have never seen a side glass pitted. Glass can be scratched, but unless it's deep can be polished out. This takes some time and effort, but does keep the car original. I would, from what you have said, replace the windshield (aftermarket OK) and look at all the other glass carefully. If that drivers side window indeed needs replaced, find a good replacement. Factory is always better than aftermarket. JMO.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Good luck with your '67 Coronet project. Your side glass is slightly curved, so will be harder to source. Glass is also slightly different than '66 glass. If it is not pitted or chipped, I would just leave it. Tempered glass does not go bad simply with age. Safety glass in windshield can delaminate over time, getting cloudy around the edges.

Welcome to FBBO

good luck with the "Great Aunts" Coronet 2dr

Auto Transport Service
Back