• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member - Shawnman

Shawnman

Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
Hello all, My name is Shawn and I am currently in Tucson AZ. Been a gearhead for many years (1965 GTO, 1967 Chevelle, 1969 Mustang, 1968 Camaro, 1972 Olds442) but this is my first go around with a Roadrunner. Never had any of the Plymouth cars. Picked up a 1971 Roadrunner numbers matching with a 383 that has not been street registered since 1989. Got a smoking hot deal on it that I could not pass up. Needs a lot of TLC (pack rats got into interior and destroyed it and was sitting on the side of a guys house for 18 years without a cover or windows up. Body is solid with no cancer and has never left Arizona so that is pretty nice. I will probably be posting a bunch of questions as I am leaning towards more of a restomod then going original. I am planning on making this a daily driver so not going too crazy with things.

Things already completed by me:
4 wheel disc brake conversion, gas tank replacement, fuel line and brake line replacement, new suspension front and back from PST, new pitman/control arms/sway bars, power steering box, new radiator, Dougs headers, Edelbrock intake manifold, rebuilt Holly carb, new 3" exhaust and mufflers, American Racing AR23 wheels (15X8 rear and 15X7 front), rebuilt rear axel with new bearings and refreshed the gears. replaced u joints and cleaned up driveshaft.

Things to do:
Interior - needs everything. Bench seats front and back with only springs left and some pieces of plastic
Lighting - Not sure if I should go HALO or LED or ??
Body work - Hate this part
Engine - Runs great (surprisingly they started the car every month or two, changed the oil every 6 months, and replaced the battery every 3 years). Not sure what I need to do with this or if I am going to add a cam or whatnot. Deciding if I want to upgrade/polish/boost or just leave the engine as is with some updated gaskets/seals/seats/springs and the like so I can run unleaded.
Wiring harness - no complete wires anywhere in the car. Purchased the Painless performance kit with the correct markings/colors
Steering column - existing one is shot and slightly collapsed
Anyway, sorry for the novel if you read this far!

Shawn

Back.jpg

Drivers Side.jpg

Engine.jpg

IMG_0019.JPG

Hi Shawn, welcome! Looks like you have a nice project to work with. Thanks for the pictures (extra bonus points because you did it on your first post) and don't be afraid to show us your 442 either.

:)
welcome2.jpeg

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. Best wishes for you project.!

Welcome from Alabama, a very worthy project.

Welcome to FBBO from NY.
I'm not against seeing pics of any of those other classics you own or owned, too.
Post 'em if you got 'em :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Welcome from NJ. Nice project- sounds like a solid base to start from.

Good luck with the 71 RR 383 car

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I will see what I can find in the way of pics of my old cars (lost everything in a house fire about 10 years ago including the 442). My family may have some and I reached out.

Auto Transport Service
Back