• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member to For B Bodies Only / 3 speed wiper motor wiring question

hdtale

Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I have bounced in and out of this forum looking for information several times but decided it was time to join which would enable me to be specific on my searches. I am currently working on the restoration of my '69 Road Runner. This particular car has been in and out of my life since I was 15 and now nearing 62 it has become a priority to return it to better than the condition I put it in while teenager.
There were always issues with wiring and the wiper motor never "parked" as it should when shut off. All wiring throughout the car is being replaced and I am looking at replacing the 3 speed wiper motor as this is what was original equipment. My question to the group is, while looking at reconditioned wiper motors I have found there are 4 wire bulkhead plug motors only and those that have an additional 2 wire clip; what are the additional 2 wires for?

Welcome to FBBO

Welcome to the site!! And you will probably get more response to your technical questions if you were to post them in the technical sections...:)

Welcome. The extra 2 wires are usually for a four speed reverse switch.

istockphoto-517611164-612x612.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back