• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member with a 67 Belvedere

Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've had my 1967 Plymouth Belvedere for about 3 and a half years now, and I decided I should probably join the B body forum. It's a Belvedere 1 with a 273, 3 on the tree, and very few options. I ran the fender tag once. If I'm remembering correctly, the only options were the lower sill trim, a tinted windshield, wheel covers, the V8, and the AM radio. I bought it for $11k from a classic car dealer and definitely overpaid (it's probably worth like $6k-$8k), but I wasn't sure I would ever find another one like it. I really wanted something very basic with manual everything, and this fit the bill. It's such a unique feeling driving this car with the manual steering, brakes, and especially the 3 on the tree. That kind of sealed the deal for me. Fixing anything on this car is usually so simple because there's nothing in the way I need to remove first. My dad still has his 68 Dart he's had since high school. So growing up around that car really drew me to a Mopar of my own. And of course I can raid his stash of parts if I ever need something

It's a super straight and clean Arizona car. It has a crappy 20 footer backyard special paint job, but it gets the job done. The interior has been redone incorrectly and the rubber floor wasn't cut properly. But other than that, everything works as it should. It's a perfect driver quality car, and that's what I wanted. I drive this car all the time and could daily it if I wanted to. I drove it on an almost 800 mile round trip to Moparty in Kentucky last september if anyone remembers seeing it there.

The main issue I had for the longest time was major overheating issues. It turns out someone probably ran water in the radiator over in Arizona, so that caused the whole water jacket to get clogged with rust and gunk. After taking out the freeze plugs and thouroughly hosing it out, it still ran hot. Well it turns out the timing cover hole was corroded shut, and the entire passenger side of the engine was getting no flow. Somehow I didn't completely melt the engine, the LA is just a tank I guess.

IMG_4584.JPG

IMG_4599.JPG

IMG_4601.JPG

IMG_4613.JPG

IMG_4623.JPG

IMG_4631.JPG

IMG_4640.JPG

IMG_4641.JPG

IMG_4645.JPG

IMG_4650.JPG

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. The 67 Coronet wagon I got in January is that color too.

IMG_4147.jpeg

IMG_4406.jpeg

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Nice, clean '67 Belvedere mordor. Thanks for your pictures.

Hey everyone. I've had my 1967 Plymouth Belvedere for about 3 and a half years now, and I decided I should probably join the B body forum. It's a Belvedere 1 with a 273, 3 on the tree, and very few options. I ran the fender tag once. If I'm remembering correctly, the only options were the lower sill trim, a tinted windshield, wheel covers, the V8, and the AM radio. I bought it for $11k from a classic car dealer and definitely overpaid (it's probably worth like $6k-$8k), but I wasn't sure I would ever find another one like it. I really wanted something very basic with manual everything, and this fit the bill. It's such a unique feeling driving this car with the manual steering, brakes, and especially the 3 on the tree. That kind of sealed the deal for me. Fixing anything on this car is usually so simple because there's nothing in the way I need to remove first. My dad still has his 68 Dart he's had since high school. So growing up around that car really drew me to a Mopar of my own. And of course I can raid his stash of parts if I ever need something

It's a super straight and clean Arizona car. It has a crappy 20 footer backyard special paint job, but it gets the job done. The interior has been redone incorrectly and the rubber floor wasn't cut properly. But other than that, everything works as it should. It's a perfect driver quality car, and that's what I wanted. I drive this car all the time and could daily it if I wanted to. I drove it on an almost 800 mile round trip to Moparty in Kentucky last september if anyone remembers seeing it there.

The main issue I had for the longest time was major overheating issues. It turns out someone probably ran water in the radiator over in Arizona, so that caused the whole water jacket to get clogged with rust and gunk. After taking out the freeze plugs and thouroughly hosing it out, it still ran hot. Well it turns out the timing cover hole was corroded shut, and the entire passenger side of the engine was getting no flow. Somehow I didn't completely melt the engine, the LA is just a tank I guess.

View attachment 1666525

View attachment 1666526

View attachment 1666527

View attachment 1666528

View attachment 1666529

View attachment 1666530

View attachment 1666531

View attachment 1666532

View attachment 1666533

View attachment 1666534
Welcome From the Garden State!
IMG_4630.gif
IMG_4629.gif
IMG_4626.gif
IMG_4620.gif
IMG_4617.gif
IMG_4619.gif
IMG_4599.gif
IMG_3926.gif
IMG_3677.gif
IMG_3296.gif

Welcome from Iowa .

Welcome from NY.
Reading your overheating problems I would be concerned about the passages to the heads.
You should probably pull them off.
Bet the best thing would be to remove the engine and disassemble the whole thing.

Nice! Very straight indeed! That Belvedere is so lucky to have found someone who loves it . . .

Welcome (1)c.jpg

Nice.

Stripper 273 3 on the tree is not super common.

Legendary does make 4 door seat upholstery for 67 Beledere's, but not sure about Bel I (possibly in cloth).
I do know they have 2 tone Bel II available.

...in case you wanted a more factory looking seat.

Clean more door 67 Belvedere :thumbsup:

welcome to FBBO

Welcome. Looks like a nice clean ride!

Auto Transport Service
Back