• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome to FBBO from snowy Ontario. There seems to be a lot of '62 owners on this site, and I would imagine many of them are willing to help with advice and knowledge. Don't run too tall a tire on the front; 215/70/15 on 15 X 7 rims are likely OK. I had to trim a little on the leading edge of my '64 Polara front fenders where they curl in for my 215's to fit.

Welcome to FBBO from snowy Ontario. There seems to be a lot of '62 owners on this site, and I would imagine many of them are willing to help with advice and knowledge. Don't run too tall a tire on the front; 215/70/15 on 15 X 7 rims are likely OK. I had to trim a little on the leading edge of my '64 Polara front fenders where they curl in for my 215's to fit.
That's good to know! Thanks for sharing that information.

Also for the rear wheels and tires will 15x8 with back spacing of 4.5 allow for 275x60's to clear without any modifications? Is any back space a concern for the fronts going with a 15x7 wheel?

7 x 15" x 4.25 b.s steel for the front, 8 x 15" x 4.5 b.s for the rear. 275/60/15 Cooper Cobras for the rear. 225/70/15 Cooper for the front.

Should have used a 4.25 back space on the rear wheels. I ended up using a 1/4" spacer to get leaf spring to tire clearance.

Auto Transport Service
Back