• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John H

Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
I recenctly purchased a 1967 Dodge Coronet 440 rag top with a 383 4 speed. This was originally a 318 4 speed. So, can anyone tell me which console would fit on my car? The shifter comes out of the tunnel further back then the original location.

Welcome from the left coast and no. Your question needs to be asked in another section of the forum. Either the 66/7 one or the body/interior one. Good luck.

I recenctly purchased a 1967 Dodge Coronet 440 rag top with a 383 4 speed. This was originally a 318 4 speed. So, can anyone tell me which console would fit on my car? The shifter comes out of the tunnel further back then the original location.

Welcome. The shifter shouldn't be further back unless someone installled a non b body transmission. Got any pics?

This link shows the console. There's a difference between the 4 speed and auto consoles.

Last edited:
welcome to FBBO

you could always change the tail housing to a correct b-body style
it may even have 2 different shifter mounts too
depending on what year & model of trans

so you can use a B-body console
they ain't cheap either

maybe check out the Engine, Transmission & driveline forum section

Welcome. The shifter shouldn't be further back unless someone installled a non b body transmission. Got any pics?

This link shows the console. There's a difference between the 4 speed and auto consoles.
[/URL]

Shifter 67 Coronet.jpg

I"m guessing someone installed an a body transmission? There won't be a console that will work in that case. You'll need a b body tunnel hump (if not there already), b body transmission, 4 speed console, a 4 speed shift handle (different than non console), 4 speed console brackets. I would figure out what transmission you already have though first.

tailhousing-shifterpad-locations.jpg

Welcome from Alabama, great car. I don't believe there were that many original 318 4-speed cars, so it's fairly rare on its own. Some good advice above on what you need.

I"m guessing someone installed an a body transmission? There won't be a console that will work in that case. You'll need a b body tunnel hump (if not there already), b body transmission, 4 speed console, a 4 speed shift handle (different than non console), 4 speed console brackets. I would figure out what transmission you already have though first.

View attachment 1432085
Thank you for details. I am going to talk to previous owner and see if I can get the particulars on the transmission etc. ...

Welcome from Illinois!!

Thank you for details. I am going to talk to previous owner and see if I can get the particulars on the transmission etc. ...

Get under your car and see what you've got compared to the tail housings shown in post #6 - should also record casting numbers/codes and take some pics for futher reference.

Auto Transport Service
Back