• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New pest here . . . .

AMC PackRat

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I guess you need to join each one of these forums individually . . . OK, so here's what I posted over on the A body forum. :icon_lol:

"Yup, somebody had to tell me about this place so I decided to join up. There's probably a few guys here that might know me from car shows and swap meets but I'm kinda out in the middle of nowhere in Northern, Ill. I do swap at most of the Chicagoland Mopar Connection shows (although not an actual member) and have had at least one Mopar around since about 1973. I've had a few Dusters and Demons, a Roadrunner, Coronet, 'Cuda, Aspen, and even a couple C bodies, and a few trucks and vans along the way, too. I few years back I sold the 68 Coronet and the 71 'Cuda and kinda changed over to AMC - mainly because I like their styling and couldn't afford parts for the Mopars I had. I do still have a couple of Shelby Dakotas and an old Cherokee I'm trying to get 300 thousand miles rung up on so I guess I'm still into Mopars somewhat. Lately I've been kicking around the idea of finding an old A or B body cheap (yeah, I know) so I can get back into the Mopar thing. Plus I really gotta do something with all this Mopar junk I have laying around since I got rid of the cars. I like the smileys here, too - most of those AMC foums can't afford them."

I'll prolly run an add for some rechromed Mopar bumpers I have when I get time if it's OK with you guys. :icon_winkle:

Oh yeah, here's a couple pics of the "Ratmobile" - 73 Ambassador with 69 front end - you wouldn't believe how many times someone's asked me "is that a Charger???". :head_smack:

Attachments

• 000_5581.jpg
    000_5581.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 000_5579.jpg
    000_5579.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 176
Welcome!!!I,m a big AMC fan also...Rebels,Gremlins,javlins they are all really cool..There,s a few pumped up gremlins in town..They seem to run in a pack...Met a guy with an early rebel last week...It has a straight six in it...Cool car!!!His uncle left it to him when he passed away...
Petty Blue 67 GTX

Thanks, guys. I'm not really a show car guy (check pics :icon_lol:) I'm more of a swapmeet/gearhead/project car kinda guy - you know the guy that never finishes his cars - just drives them. Even B bodies are kinda expensive for me any more - I've been looking without much luck (and even less money). The muscle cars are out of my range but I saw a neat 75-76 mid-sized Fury at the Naperville Mopar show that interested me. I had a nice 76 Charger at one time but kinda turned it into a pretzel - liked the interior and the ride on that one. :icon_wink: I had a nice 73 Roadrunner, too, but a cop ran into me and kinda finished that one off. :icon_blackeye: Guess I haven't really had that great of luck with B bodies, huh?

Anyways - Here's another project I'm working on - a 70 Donohue Javelin. Hoping to have it on the road this summer with a new drivetrain and a fresher coat of primer. :laughing9: Ooooo - it's got Mopar wheels, anyway. :icon_winkle:

Attachments

• 000_5659.jpg
    000_5659.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 160
Very cool rides. One of my favorites. Welcome aboard.
But please spell prolly the correct way. It's probably. Drives me nutz!

Welcome.

Where are you in Northern Illinois? I sold Dodges and AMCs new from 1968-74 in Savanna, Illinois.

Very cool rides. One of my favorites. Welcome aboard.
But please spell prolly the correct way. It's probably. Drives me nutz!

I'll see what I can do about the prolly thing - I can prolly fix that - I got straight "A"s in English in high skool so it shouldn't be that hard . . . . . . prolly. :grin:

Welcome.

Where are you in Northern Illinois? I sold Dodges and AMCs new from 1968-74 in Savanna, Illinois.

Wow, you must be even older than me - I didn't even have a license until 73. :happy9:

I'm not that far away (Dixon). I go to the Dubuque show every year. :icon_rambo:

I have a good friend that grew up in Dixon by the name of Ron Brierton. My brother still lives in Belvidere and is also a Mopar guy by the name of Craig Dayton. He is a member of the Chicagoland Mopar Club I believe it is called.

Don't know those guys. Lived in Rockford for a while - your brother might know a buddy of mine - he runs Doc's Upholstery in Belvedere. I got a brother that lives in Tucson. That's actually where I picked up the Donohue and my AMX. :)

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! you've got some great cars and I think you'll prolly fit in just fine around here. Might even be able to find yourself an affordable B-body project.

Back