• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Plymouth Americarna Festival 2024 - New Zealand **** Picture heavy plus video at the end

The street was packed and we only saw a third of the cars.....yapping along the way doesn't help.....:lol:

20240224_143244.jpg20240224_143251.jpg20240224_143338.jpg20240224_143342.jpg20240224_143409.jpg20240224_143436.jpg20240224_143446.jpg20240224_143448.jpg20240224_143501.jpg20240224_143503.jpg

Finally about ten minutes before leaving New Plymouth we got a glimpse of Mt Egmont.....only about 20 minutes drive from the house.

20240225_110010.jpg

I was impressed with many of the vehicles, this truck was especially interesting....

1708935942801.png

Those lower quarter windows are really strange. I understand the reason for them though.

I was impressed with many of the vehicles, this truck was especially interesting....

View attachment 1616315

Those lower quarter windows are really strange. I understand the reason for them though.
There is another side benefit to those lower windows.....when you take women out who wear short skirts......people outside can see plenty. :lol:

At least that's what 'single-guy' Michael who restored us was saying. :rofl:

That is great. Oddly, I didn't consider that.

01 face 29.JPG

I was thinking of the improved safety they allow for avoiding obstructions in the road.

So many stories I could tell from the weekend. :rolleyes:

On the Friday morning we were just cruising around town checking it out for next time. We happened upon a small freshwater lake only a stone's throw from the ocean. It is filled with perch and trout.

There was a guy testing a boat with a large outboard motor....doing big sweeping donuts at speed. Sounded great. Turns out it was a 150 HP motor and the owner wanted a 200 HP motor, so the mechanic was trialling it to get an idea of trade-in value. Any hoo, after he had finished we drove around the trailer carpark and spotted a really minty fresh looking FJ Landcruiser with a trailer and small boat. We pulled up alongside and were admiring it from the comfort of our 2020 A/C equipped Landcruiser.

While we were drooling over the value and such, I spotted the mechanic looking over at us with a curious eye. I mentioned it to the guys, and we thought it must be his FJ. Turned out it was, and he approached us cautiously.

First thing he did was lean one arm on the driver door of ours and say in a really firm but humorous way "What are you three roosters up to?"

Well, that just cracked us up.....(and continued to do so all weekend) .... we introduced ourselves and just said we were admiring the FJ and how awesome it looked. Of course it was his. He introduced himself, then Cliff said who we were staying with blah blah blah......it just happened that he knew John & Linda very well. He said he often saw John down at the lake taking Bruno for a swim. Small world - Five and a half million people, and half of them know John. :lol:

We had a great chat and he told us what he was up to ....when we told John later on, he said the guy was a real good bloke and they often catch up. Crazy stuff.

Wish I had known about this as I was nearby in Australia last week could have easily visited New Zealand for what looked great too.

Thanks for all the pictures. It looks like you roosters had a great time! LOL

That was a fun trip. Lots of nice iron. I like the old Austin. Too bad it wasn't a 2 door. :lol: Thanks for bringing us along.

Auto Transport Service
Back