• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Project - Grandpa's 1962 Dodge Dart 330 Wagon

That wagon is COOL,COOL,COOL, man. Good to see you got 'er on the road. Didn't make it to Graham this year but I'm hoping to see her at a show sometime.

Wow...way too cool...is the marvel mystery oil still in the spare compartment?

Here she is a year later - Pics from her first show this month - SunBust all Mopar show in Graham, WA with 249 Mopars attended. She won 1st place unfinished, which she gets all the credit, for her good looks. :blush: At the little all Mopar swap meet found a day night mirror and a good deal on a spare grill we could not pass up. Met 3 other '62 Mopar wagon owners. Best organized show we have ever been to.

Bet Grandpa's smiling down on you! Great job!

Nice show too, love that pic of the "row of fins"

Nice to know there's another '62 bro out there!

Wow...way too cool...is the marvel mystery oil still in the spare compartment?

Right where Grandpa left it 22 years ago.... Fresh MMO in the crankcase and gas....

mmo 001.jpg

:headbang:nice thanks for sharing you no he`s looking down at you and smiling

Origanal quote by HEMI-ITIS: Here is my friend Jimi Vignogna's wagon rich in racing history

I was looking for a dolly wheel under that wagon! How does he do that? And they're not the widest slicks on the rear, either. Wow!

Posted via Topify using Android

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 641
This car belongs to a real sweet lady I met at Beaver Springs Dragway in Pa. this year...

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 687
  • resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 675
Cool manifold, that will dress it up nice under the hood! ouch on the price, that would hurt a little but these projects have a habit of doing that :) That Dodge wagon in the pictures is way good looking!!

Origanal quote by HEMI-ITIS: Here is my friend Jimi Vignogna's wagon rich in racing history

I was looking for a dolly wheel under that wagon! How does he do that? And they're not the widest slicks on the rear, either. Wow!

That wagon,rich in racing history is for sale!!!:icon_winkle:

I'm beginning to really like the '62 Dodges. I need more pics!

What a COOL looking wagon . . . Can't wait to see what you're going to do to it ! ! !

Changed out the obsolete in-line tranny filter today. Used a WIX 58964 with internal donut magnet - worked out real well. Noticed Grandpa had soldered the filter - wondered if that did anything to the filter paper inside. Cut it open to see between that and being over 2 decades on the car..... Paper media still looked intact - the design even has a bypass valve.

WIX 020.jpg

WIX 021.JPG

WIX 023.jpg

ddwix 001.jpg

ddwix 002.jpg

Last edited:
Plucked -

Great pictures and even a better story. I'm glad I stumbled on this thread as I can now follow your build. I was the guy in the bronze RR that parked behind you and we chatted at Sunbust, I was definitely looking for your improvements next year! Keep up the great work

Tim

thanks for posting some updates with us,:headbang:

What a cool wagon, this one should be interesting to see come together. Congrats

Plucked -

Great pictures and even a better story. I'm glad I stumbled on this thread as I can now follow your build. I was the guy in the bronze RR that parked behind you and we chatted at Sunbust, I was definitely looking for your improvements next year! Keep up the great work

Tim

Thanks - Yep that was a good show. Going thru the suspension soon, just received new rear springs from Eaton Detroit Spring. Going with .92" Mopar Performance torsion bars and a the other hard and rubber parts she needs to rebuild her underneath, and to firm up the ride a bit...... Strut rod bushings I got in Polygraphite from PST to try....

1210%20005.jpg

SunBust%202013%20002.jpg

View attachment 157326

Last edited:
Started pre-assembly of front end parts. Figure what I can do in advance is good - all new to me - learning as I go. Pressed the Moog K7103 offset bushings into the front of the new upper A-arms to allow more caster - one step above "Granny" as outlined in this article:

http://www.allpar.com/history/mopar/front-end-alignment.html

$T2eC16ZHJF0E9nmFStGeBQNcUt3kQg~~_35.jpg

attachment.gif

Surprisingly my 4" vise opened up the needed 8" plus to press together the lca bushings and pivot shaft.

lca 001.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back