• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New PST Manual Steering Box Question

KidCoronet

Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
Got my new 20:1 ratio box today from PST and it looks great but I noticed that the splined output shaft for the steering column is locked up and won't turn by hand at all - even with lots of effort. Doesn't seem normal as the old one spun freely but had some grinding spots. Maybe I'm missing something but don't want to go any further until I'm sure. What do you guys think?

Also, the box was double boxed for shipping but came with a large hole in both boxes from being slammed pretty good along the way.

IMG_7436.jpg

Did you try it with something else besides your hand. I suspect being new its set up tight.

The only suggestion I have is to call PST and ask. It doesn't sound right.

If yoou slide your coupler on the shaft, you should definitely be able to turn it by hand.

I've got the steering column in the trunk atm but did take a pair of narrow vice grips with rubber on the ends and lock them into the middle (un-splined area) and nothing..it is locked up tight. The shaft must have taken a direct hit during shipping and bent something. I'll call PST..I've ordered several things from them and they've always been great. Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back