• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new radiator...

Looks like a great fit, I'm sure Shroud would install easy as well. Perhaps if it was painted black it might not stand out as much. Thank you very much for the update, I really appreciate it, My 79 has a 451 with cleaned up TFS240 heads and solid cam and after driving a while it gets hot to the point of boiling in the overflow bottle LOL!!! so a rad like this is needed
I ended up getting a Wizard radiator and it fit the rad support well, Howerver the tranny cooler was so close together that one line was inside the shroud, which is totally wrong, They are really nice people there and I give them 100% on Customer service, they supplied me with one of their shrouds at no charge and I'll work with that. KUDOS to Wizard for coming through with that. It was close about 3/8" away so I bought a Hayden low profile clutch. and now it's about 1 1/2 to 2" away. (I wonder if that's too far) maybe closer might have been better??

I got this radiator from ebay. Not sure of the brand? But it came with a aluminum shroud with 2 electric fans. Which I didn't use. And the original fan shroud bolted right up. The only reason I bought this radiator was because the previous owner
20210730_152447.jpg
20210730_152425.jpg
had a new incorrect brass radiator with the lower hose on the wrong side. And this aluminum radiator was priced really low.

Last edited:
I’ll have to snap a picture tomorrow or mine I got some years back through AutoZone. The shroud didn’t bolt up so I ran those zip ties they give you with aftermarket trans coolers.

It has been awhile...it was a huge PITA but I did get the factory fan shroud to fit.
IMG_2207a.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back