• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New rectangular pop up ad...Gold membership

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
99.5% of my forum time is via my Galaxy Note phone, Chrome browser.
As of this morning, I have a very annoying pop up ad in a rectangle at the bottom 1/4 of my screen.
Is this new and is this intentional?
In this example, it's for "Zillow"
Screenshot_20200129-074529_Chrome.jpg

I never use the phone for forum viewing. The screen is too small. It feels like watching TV through a wristwatch!

The Samsung Galaxy Note is one of the largest phones available.
It's called a "phablet" (phone+tablet) it's so big.
All of my years and thousands of posts, from whatever version of Note I had.
This new popup is EXTREMELY aggravating!
:mob::mob::mob::mob:

Hey Joey,
Is this something new?
It certainly is new to my experience with interacting with the forum.
I already know about clicking the black x, but every time I load a new page it comes back and I have to click again.
Your site, your call, but this particular popup is really aggravating.

It’s not the site. Chrome is overlaying the ad on the web page. It’s like a pop up.

I'm thinking it's a Google Ad. I get one from them at the bottom of the page when
I use my phone (very rare) to view the forum.
I closed the ad on it just now and it says "Ad closed by Google".

PS: I never get pop-ups since I run an ad blocker on my phone as well as on my desktop....

Yeah, well it just started today, so maybe I'll have to try Dolphin or another browser.

Nothing wrong with Chrome. In fact, it's one of the more malware-resistant browsers out there.
Add a decent ad blocker and it's pretty much bulletproof.

Yeah, well it just started today, so maybe I'll have to try Dolphin or another browser.
Moparedth turned me on to AdGuard. Haven't had any pop-ups or anything at all. And they don't bother you either like some outfits do after installing their app. Thanks Ed :thumbsup:

That fkn "Congratulations" pop-up was driving me nuts. Like to find the people behind that one and short circuit them and their systems.

BTW I'm useing a Galaxy Note 5

Moparedth turned me on to AdGuard. Haven't had any pop-ups or anything at all. And they don't bother you either like some outfits do after installing their app. Thanks Ed :thumbsup:

That fkn "Congratulations" pop-up was driving me nuts. Like to find the people behind that one and short circuit them and their systems.

BTW I'm useing a Galaxy Note 5
I just downloaded AdGuard and installed it. Let me switch pages and try it out.

On the PC here now, the little AdGuard icon up in the corner shows a tiny counter on it indicating
the number of blocked ads on a given website I'm sitting on.
This site always cracks me up because that counter constantly is going up slowly.
While I'm typing this, for example, it's climbed from 10 on the initial page view to 21 already
at this moment.
Not one single ad is actually visible, but the Google ad machine constantly keeps trying. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back