• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Road Runner Project

HEMI RAM

Local time
4:56 AM
Reaction score
I just brought this home tonight, it needs lots of assembly but almost all body and paint work is finished. It's a 383 4 speed console car with black interior.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 677
Sweet looks like your a fan of yellow
Any More pictures

how much is done, is everything there?

Looks like a cool project for sure, the hard work is all done...

how much is done, is everything there?

Looks like a cool project for sure, the hard work is all done...

Almost everything is there and a lot of it is new. He has all new interior from head liner to carpet including seat foam, all new lights and grill, the short block is rebuilt, brakes and suspension are rebuilt, and it was done on a rotisserie so the bottom looks as good as the top.

I bought a '' 73 '' 440 forged engine from a Winnebago on Sunday, since the engine I got with the car is a 383 non matching I'm going 440. I was told the 440 was very low mileage and after removing the heads he didn't lie it has perfect bores. I'm going to freshen it up with new pistons rings and bearings, it has low compression pistons. The pistons that I am going to use are Speed Pro flat top forged that are considered factory replacements for the 440 6 pack engine. From what I can tell the only thing missing is weather-stripping for the doors and windows and front arm rests, I'm sure there is more but nothing big for sure. One question I have is why can't I find a seal for the rear window.

Sweet project. Doesn't look like you have so much to do on her. My kind of project.

I could have asked my question better. Does the back window need a gasket or is it just glued and sealed? I have found windshield seals all over the place but none for the rear.

The rear window can be put in with the same rubber butyl as the windshield kits you have probably located.

Will I have to change any of the air grabber parts when changing from a 383 to a 440?

Where is a good place to find the right base? Does someone offer them in the aftermarket?

I bought a complete AMD tinted glass kit and most of the door and window seals from Summit racing. I'm thinking pretty seriously about doing a six barrel set up on it. Will the air cleaner part number p5007737AC work for my air grabber setup on a 440?

Great looking RR and the Duster too. Look forward to seeing more pics as it's going together.

I bought a complete AMD tinted glass kit and most of the door and window seals from Summit racing. I'm thinking pretty seriously about doing a six barrel set up on it. Will the air cleaner part number p5007737AC work for my air grabber setup on a 440?

Yes if you're running a six pack set up.

I have one listed on eBay right now. It's brand new. eBay item number: 141769393150

I sold my 71 RR and have been selling off all of the accumulated parts.

Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Love your car. The yellow really pops when accented with black.

Awesome !!!!!! Please post up some more photos...................

- - - Updated - - -

I had a yellow 73 Duster 340 four speed car. Mine was yellow / black too. Great combo.

Auto Transport Service
Back