• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New shed

Mike Szadaj

Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
I put up this shed
10241.jpg

Then filled it with this stuff

10232.jpg
10233.jpg
10234.jpg

So I could do this

10231.jpg

And this
10235.jpg

It has been a couple of winters since my daily driver has been garaged, while the RT was being put together. What a PITA it is scraping ice and snow off a car in freezing weather.
I decided to put the shed next to the garage so I could put my compressor in it. That is a twofold improvement-more space and less noise in the garage. I drilled holes in the side of the garage and the shed to run electricity and air line. I am also going to put in lights and outlets. No need to dig a trench to bury an electric line.

I put one of those sheds together what a pain in the ***. I bought myself a shed it was real easy to watch the guy set it up. lol

Then later added cabinets and a work table, Air lines and power. I ran an airline out of the shed underground into the garage so I don't have to hear that compressor.

IMG_0521.JPG IMG_1565.JPG

Last edited:
Good idea Mike
Gee, that Shed is already full
I have 2 big sheds
yup, SHE SHEDS!
My wife has them Chock Full

PS: The R/T looks GREAT!

:rofl:

One of the good things about being single! No more 'she' crap in my shop! :D
Ahhh, I remember those days.. :(

My shed is less a shed and more of a I can go out there and not talk to the wife for hours shed.

I'm going to be blunt. When I see all the crap you have stuffed in there, me thinks you have saved your money and gotten a 30 yard dumpster instead.

10233-jpg.jpg

10235-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Put a heat tape on the compressor cylinder....they do not like cold, and be sure to drain it often.

Put a heat tape on the compressor cylinder....they do not like cold, and be sure to drain it often.
I need to add an auto drain. Probably a great idea to put the tape on there. I was going to get an automatic wall heater for the shed so when it drops in temp it will kick on.

Nice shed Mike. Have the same one behind my garage. I have to say, I don't have as much stuff as you have crammed in there. The car is looking great!

You need a bigger shed! And, putting a compressor in an unconditioned space will give you all kinds
of problems. You live in Michigan so starting it up when it's dead cold will burn the contacts on your
magnetic starter. Frozen condensate at the bottom of the tank won't drain. The best thing I did was
to build a 12 X 12' garden shed for all of the garden stuff and outdoor furniture. I only have a 22X 22'
garage, so I have to be smart with the space. The other thing is I have a Car port . I Love it! Looks like
you have a lot more stuff in the garage to put somewhere!

Carports are a necessity in Oklahoma hail storms. Plus, they keep the frost and ice off, mostly. Plus, I can be a shade tree mechanic in the driveway and wash cars out of direct sunlight.

In my garage I have a bunch of stuff I have not touched for years and just cannot bring myself to throw away. But I hide it in cabinets; out of site, out of mind. I have a shed for everything else. Mostly lawn and garden equipment.

One last thing, one man's junk is another man's treasure.

I solved the Cryptoquiz in Thursday's paper and it seems to be quite apropos.
"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries." A.A. Milne
I ran an electric line for an outlet and lighting. Installed one two tube fluorescent fixture. I ran another line for the compressor. I hooked that one into a wall switch with an indicator light I already had been using for the compressor. That makes it nice to be able to turn it on and off from the garage. I replumbed the air line. I have a female coupler in the back of the garage and one at the front.
WOW, what a difference in the noise level in the garage when the compressor is running!
In the first and third pics of the inside of the shed you can see a shelf I made from a door in the rear right corner. The compressor is in that corner. Just as I had done in the garage, I am going to wall it off, and sound insulate it with foam rubber. Hopefully that will keep the noise level down to a quiet roar for the neighbors.
Even if I don't get anything more done before the weather becomes completely uncooperative I am ready to be able to store the RT till spring.

..and as for the compressor, I've had my 5 HP out in the UNHEATED hangar for 25 years now without issue and a 3/4" line run from it to my shop. The only thing you really need heat on is the pressure switch or it will freeze.. not shut off and you'd be amazed at how far that thing can dance when it's banging away past 175psi. I just use a ceramic heater sitting on a bucket beside the pressure switch.. it gets plugged in just before I start the compressor. Warm days you drain the tank drain valve. Others it's a block of ice inside..

Auto Transport Service
Back