• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to board

Nuke Em

Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
I got my project from ebay last year. Its a 1974 Charger Ralleye... originally a 400 Magnum,console 4 speed, posi trac, sunroof car and I have not done all the numbers yet to check the options. I do have the build sheet. It came with a 71 440 and 727 in it. The body / frame is solid. lots of primer with minor bondo to cover lil dingers. The 440 starts and sounds good and appears to be close to stock, cam wise anyway. I think a steal at $3000 for a BB Ralleye car that needs minor work, paint and interior.

Wheres my manners, Hi, I am Gary Herren. A little about me....been a Mopar man my whole life, got it from my old man. My first car was, another 1974 Charger...whats the odds, huh. Anyway,had a 68 Charger RT 383/4 spd(should have never sold that one) and lots of the lil turbo Chargers and Daytona's. I still own a 87 Shelby that I bought new and 2 others, well hopped up with Forward Motion parts.

I did 21 years in the Air Force, all working on the big nuclear missiles(Minuteman 2, 3, and Peacekeepers) and now do special testing on them as a General Dynamics engineer. That is where I get my " Nuke Em" board name, (LOL). I have been married to my high school girl friend for...23 something years(since 88). I have 3 kids and the oldest has been in the Air Force for 2 years now and my middle son will be joining after graduating this year.

Glad to be here and hope I can contribute to the board!

Gary

Thanks guys, pics coming....

I have the interior is stripped out now, partially sanded to bare metal, bumpers off, getting ready to paint soon as it warms up.

My blower picture went thru but am having sizing issues with the others. I will try some stuff. I may have to sell the blower, its a 6v71 and was told it will not flow much boost on a big block stroker, according to the guy at Dyres blowers in Ill.

Attachments

• 21 feb 10 001 (Large).jpg
    21 feb 10 001 (Large).jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 146
Got a couple to load,most I cant resize to upload?????

This is what the car looked like when I unloaded her. I found some Cragar GTs for $100 to roll around on. Bought some big Cragar Super Stars for getting serious.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 164
  • -69999881DSCN0396.jpg
    -69999881DSCN0396.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 138
Nuke Em welcome aboard. Thank you for your unselfish service to our country. Good luck with the Charger.

Welcome, Nuke. Looks like it will be a fun project :headbang:

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys! It has been my pleasure serving this great country...now its time for me to enjoy some retirement by wrenching a Mopar, I LOVE IT!

Welcome to the site Nuke Em. I am new here too. Some really helpful guys on here and a wealth of info.

Auto Transport Service
Back