• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to forum&new to mopar! from Buffalo ny

hanstaill

Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
Hi and good to meet you all!
not only i'm new but new to mopar and new to american vehicle! i've almost and mostly been european enthusiast but since i brought her home- i'm hooked!

i have 1966 Plymouth Belvedere I 225 slant six engine 3speed auto- all original and for being on east coast, very very good condition.
hope to chime in when needed but i'll mostly be in i-have-a-question-mode!

Thanks!

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

hi and welcome to the site nice looking 66 glad to see some 4dr joining the site :headbang:

Yey! Welcome! I love the 4 doors!

They're super rare here in Sweden! I'm new to the b bodies too and new to old school cars but will chime in whenever I can!

thank you! this was exactly what i was looking for- big, long, crip lines, and a cruiser. only thing i've done to it is an oil change, top off brake fluid, and new tires (REALLY needed to..when's the last time you guys saw a re-tread tires??!). plans is to shake down and figure out where i need to tend to before i put it away for the winter in the next month or so- few things i noticed already are fluel float? or the sending unit isn't working well(guages on dash works but when full it only reads half tank), and i'll put in a temperature guage just to have something more accurate. new drums and brake shoes(bleed and replace things needed while in there), valve cover and oil pan gasket, and i'm getting a rattle at low rpms- i'm missing an exhaust header close to trans so i think i'll replace the rusty exhaust system next year with flowmaster 40!
Oh, and the single stage paint is oxidizing and needs some tlc, but it's got this great patina i really like!

if there are things i should look out for or good to have in mind, your comments would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, welcome from the Pacific coast. It's great to see that enthusiasts span the continent!

Great looking car... :wav:

Welcome, nice looking Belvedere

Thanks guys! i'm loving this more and more- got so much characters that lack in modern cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back