• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the 62-65 b bodies ! harder to buy than a 71 cuda ?

To me the quality of the body is everything. Give more money for a good body. You'll blow a fortune on cheap rust buckets. My 65 is a west coast car.

20230728_132301.jpg

yea ....some of the cars I see have a ton of metal work. Mine was very little.

View attachment 1632784

View attachment 1632787
i took my car completely apart like you did. only bad metal i found was a broken trunk extension on the passenger side. everything else was grandma's door dings. when i bought my car there were three of us building early b's. one was a '64 belvedere 2drht; a lot of sheet metal work, other was a $150 dollar 63 dodge and you can guess how bad that was (car was thrown away). i gave $4000 for my car in January 2000. it was a running big block california car and i was laughed at for giving that much money for it. long story short it was money well spent. i would have had thousands of dollars and untold hours patching up a junker and from disassembly to running was about 6-8 months vs years.

when i got into this i thought i could build the car for about $12,000-$13,000. that never happened! it will take twice that for a reasonable safe build without all the sheet metal and labor costs. add in all the body repairs plus mechanicals and this is why people get halfway thru them and throw in the towel.

Nice car but get rid of that plastic fuel filter. I have seen way too many fail like those glass ones and cause serious leaks along with some fires. Think about when that dry rots or cracks from heat driving down the highway what would happen. Put a metal one there.
Not to mention the crappy ethanol fuel that eats away at most materials...

Nice car but get rid of that plastic fuel filter. I have seen way too many fail like those glass ones and cause serious leaks along with some fires. Think about when that dry rots or cracks from heat driving down the highway what would happen. Put a metal one there.
I will, thanks for the advice. There are a few things that builder could have done better I suppose, bought it this way. Who do you reccommend for a metal filter?

I will, thanks for the advice. There are a few things that builder could have done better I suppose, bought it this way. Who do you reccommend for a metal filter?
Purolator or Wix makes good metal ones..

I have some stuff you may be interested in, as I'm in Alberta (Canadian funds). I have a very rough '64 Polara convertible project, a complete '64 Polara 4dr. sedan, and a '64 Polara 4dr. hardtop. I bought the 4 doors for parts cars to repair the convertible for the wife. The 'vert is a repairable car but needs major sheet metal work. I also picked up front bucket seats and a console for it, and have some other misc. pieces for it. I have all the tools, knowledge, etc. to do the project, but at 65 yrs. old and already a '59 Fargo project underway, I'm afraid I'll never get to it. Let me know if you're interested.

It's a love/hate thing. I now have 4 62's. I had 3 62 Darts I scrapped last year, Polara 500, Dart 440 Wagon, and A Polara 500 Convertible, last one was really parts only. I for months couldn't give them away. Almost makes me cry.
Oh Well, keep looking.
Do you have a trim piece that goes on the lip of the hood? Mine is missing. Also, do you have a good passenger side headlight bezel?

Do you have a trim piece that goes on the lip of the hood? Mine is missing. Also, do you have a good passenger side headlight bezel?
I should have the trim piece for the hood, being I replaced the OEM trim with a bespoke carbon fiber lip. The problem I have is finding it, I have 3 semi's stuffed with this stuff, don't wait on me, but if I find it I will let you know.

I've been doing 62-65 B cars for awhile. Like anything else in this hobby, yes they are getting more expensive and few and far between. Even the 4 door cars. Keep searching and asking around something will come up.
I found my last few on Craig's List and Facebook Market place.

218E2D6A-A010-4496-9C45-74A1BC73C117.jpeg

I should have the trim piece for the hood, being I replaced the OEM trim with a bespoke carbon fiber lip. The problem I have is finding it, I have 3 semi's stuffed with this stuff, don't wait on me, but if I find it I will let you know.
Ok. I am not in a real big hurry but I would like to buy one as soon as possible. I’ve called to a couple salvage yards, one quoted me $200 for this part! That’s the only two parts I need, the rest of the car is in great shape.

Auto Transport Service
Back