• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the forum just bought a 68 super bee

hqtrqd68

Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
Hello all! I just bought a 1968 super bee that needs complete restoration. I'm glad I found this wealth of information. I have already found parts and helpful information. I got the car in milk crates so it's going to be a heck of a journey.

I forgot the pics

20221008_131731.jpg

20221012_175320.jpg

received_496210755701147.jpeg

Not sure if I speak for all here, but I personally would love to see the progress of a ’68 Bee from milk crates to restored and driving under it’s own power one day. Before, during and after shots would be awesome! Post pics of what you got!

Greetings and welcome from western NY!

Edit:See you posted pics by the time I hit post, thanks!

The green tent is my work space . All the parts in that pic are what it came with. Including a rebuilt 383 and 4spd.

Welcome from just a little further north! Very nice project! I bought a 71 mustang mach 1 in milk crates and all the rest of the parts in the trunk! You’ve got a journey! But I had a blast! I got it all the way back to running and driving! You can too!

Good deal. I got a '69 Super Bee to start on eventually. I hope you have the front fenders, they can be a bit hard to find.

I've started with worse('69 road runner). Enjoy your Bee, it'll be worth it when you take it on the first drive.

Free bird.jpg

Nice.

Welcome, and a great find to launch our addictions to Mopars. I bought many VWs in my younger days and if it had a motor , it was in boxes in the back seat. I still enjoy reconstructing others old basket cases......

Welcome aboard from Ohio. Kinda like ‘da Bee’s myself.

Welcome from southern OH. I really like 68 bees. You just don't see many of them. Tha is for saving it.

Good deal. I got a '69 Super Bee to start on eventually. I hope you have the front fenders, they can be a bit hard to find.
I need a driver side. The one I got with it someone in years past cut holes in it to use as patches for something else

Welcome from southern OH. I really like 68 bees. You just don't see many of them. Tha is for saving it.
I really like the 68 myself. It is the best looking car imho. I'm so excited to dig into this project!

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Good luck with your '68 Super Bee project. These are not so often seen due to only 1/2 year production. I remember the colour ads for them in 1968 Hot Rod, etc. magazines showing a yellow SB with black stripes. I thought it was gorgeous! I bought a new '69 in the same Sunfire Yellow for $3650. Now they are X 10!

Welcome. And you had me at "4-speed." In my opinion one misses alot of the Muscle car experience with an automatic. This was a reason that 4-speed cars got the bigger Dana rear. Not that 4-speeds put any additional stresses to the rear. But entirely because of driver habits. (Some is over exaggerated. But we know. Lol)

Auto Transport Service
Back