• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new to the forum

Bivvy71

Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
My name is Roy i am from Illinois and bought a 1971 Dodge Charger 500 in June of 1987. It came with an 383 2 Barrel since it wasn't the original motor and it was bad i bought a 70 440 Magnum and dropped that in. this car has been stored most of the time in garages, yards, friends driveways. never had the money to fix it up much i finally am able to do this now. i remember begging the owner to let me buy the car because it was sitting in the back of his driveway for 8 years. well after weeks of begging i got it for $300. now i am looking for lots of parts for the car (front fender, front and rear valances, painted mirrors etc.) i will provide pics as i get them and the finished product. i will be attending Carlisle Pa show and the Ohio Mopar Nationals this year. the car is actually located just north of Cincinnati Ohio.

Thanks,

Roy

1971 dodge charger.jpgRear view.jpg

Welcome, I really liked the '71 I had.

Welcome Roy!

welcome to FBBO

thanks everyone i have had this car for so long and cant wait to drive it again. i will be at carlisle and the mopar nationals looking for many of parts.

So, you and the car are in different states??

King's Island ROCKS!

Fenders are kinda hard to find. Most have either dog leg, or top rust through.
I've been looking for years!

Valances shouldn't be too difficult. I see them frequently.
The machine gun tip cutout rears are repro's by AMD for about $200-ish IIRC.

Chrome mirrors show up for a reasonable price, now and then.
Painted ones seem to be a bit pricier.
New ones are VERY pricey- like $300+
I've bought 2 sets of nice driver chrome ones for less then $75 a pair.
Be careful, as 75 and up look the same, but mount differently.
Lots of fab work to get them on.
Actually IIRC, 71/72 and 73/74 have the mounting holes in different places.

Let's see more pics!

hi and welcome to the site

charger.jpg this is a pic of it in about 1988

htc 1 1323.jpghtc 1 1325.jpgfloor pan.jpghtc 1 1204.jpghtc 1 1184.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

htc 1 1198.jpg

trip charger michigan ohio 057.jpg

trip charger michigan ohio 057.jpggsIII pics 1381.jpghtc 1 1219.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

yes we are in different states, i have decided since i have not had the time over 20 years to restore it i am having my brother in law restore it. he did a 71 Plymouth Roadrunner that is an amazing car. i agree i think i will be purchasing the valances new and the mirrors if i dont find what i want i will do the same. i have a fender that is very rusty and has major dents so i was looking for something better than what i have. thank you very much for the input.

Attachments

• trip charger michigan ohio 064.jpg
    trip charger michigan ohio 064.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 197
Very nice! What did you do with the old general lee wheels that were on the front? Im looking for a spare.

Welcome. Lovely project u have there. Would love to have a charger, but down here in the good old South africa finding one is hard, and when u do find one the seller wants almost half a million rand for it unrestored. That would be 50 000 dollars forn u guys. I must say this, seeing the stripped front end on your car, it looks almost identical to my stripped dodge dart. That said I wish u all success with your build.

Auto Transport Service
Back