• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the site from Australia

TMoko2

Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score
Hi to all the other guys and ladies who have a love for Mopars. I'm new to this forum, and joined so that I could seek knowledge and assistance, plus swap stories as I prepare to rebuild the '62 Dodge Phoenix (same as a 4 door Dart) that my wife gave me for my 50th. I have owned a few Chryslers over the years, the most recent a 300C, however way back when I young & dumb ... I sold a '62 Dart .... and have regretted it for a long time. These cars are hard to come by down here in this part of the world, and parts are even harder to find - luckily we have Ebay :eek:) Anyway, look forward to reading the posts on this site, and talking with some of you in the future. Thanks ... Tony

Attachments

• CIMG1623.jpg
    CIMG1623.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 202
  • CIMG1619.jpg
    CIMG1619.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 230
  • CIMG1616.JPG
    CIMG1616.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 190
  • CIMG1629.jpg
    CIMG1629.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 187
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Kool car, right hand drive! Did someone do a conversion on it at some point, or was it as built new? What does it have for an engine?
That is quite the b-day gift, you must have been very good.

Hey Tony, great to see another '62 owner in Oz. I love your Phoenix, I heard the other day only 800 of them were imported in 1962, so they are few and far between. Feel free to post more pics and tell us more about your "birthday present". PS - It will be your cars 50th next year.... Cheers - Frank

GREAT RIDE AND WELCOME ABOARD. LOOKS LIKE YOUR pushing buttons with your left hand even though you driving on the wrong side. where's your park lever?

Welcome to the FBBO from Tennessee. I like your wooden parking brake, have used many of them. lol

The Phoenix was built as right hand drive ... not 100% sure of they were assembled/completed here in Australia, but as you will see they have the same or similar dash to the early Valiant or Lancer. This one has a Poly 318 in it which again I think was the only way they were delivered here. Mine has a Holley 4 barrel and cast iron inlet manifold, but I recently picked up a new cast iron dual quad manifold and new carbs. They will be fitted when I pull the engine to fit a a 4" stroke crank .. as I want it somewhere between 360" - 402".

Forgot to add - the Park Lever is next to the shift buttons on the left hand side - you can see it in the photo of the dash . It is the black lever between the gear shift buttons and the speaker grille. the funny part is that it has heater engraved on it .. so a bit of a trick, or a anti theft device :eek:)

Welcome mate, good to see another Aussie here!

If that car of yours ever resided in Melbourne, then there's a very good chance it once belonged to my dad, he had two or three of those.

Don't see many around nowadays, well done!

Welcome! Great looking car!

Auto Transport Service
Back