• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to this site,not new to Mopar's

Welcome to the best Mopar site around. Tell us the story behind the 37 Plymouth. I like the looks of that thing.

nice cars

welcome to FBBO

Welcome to the best Mopar site around. Tell us the story behind the 37 Plymouth. I like the looks of that thing.
Thanks for the welcome !
If I should not be posting about a non B-Body,just let me know
I bought the car in 1992.The fella I bought it from picked it up at a yard sale in 1959.He repainted it the tan color it is now.He also reupholstered the interior in red vinyl.It had the original flat 6 and 3 speed when I got it. It is a business coupe,huge trunk,and has the shelves behind the front seat.A small block Chevy would have fit right in..But I had to spend a year fitting a 318 under the hood.I put in a 4 speed from an Aspen R/T.The shifter is a b-body pistol grip for a console car. The factory bend in the shifter allows plenty of room for my right leg.I hung b-body pedals on the firewall and put in a dual chamber master.I had a 340 to put in this car,but the 318 was plenty powerful for this thing.Still has original steering,brakes,8.5 inch rear.
This car separates the men from the boys when it comes to ripping up the highway at 85+.
I have been planning to install a steering rack,and some type of home brew front disc brakes.
Body is solid,just some pinholes where the running boards meet the panel right behind the drivers door.I tried to keep it as original looking as possible

37-2.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome !
If I should not be posting about a non B-Body,just let me know
I bought the car in 1992.The fella I bought it from picked it up at a yard sale in 1959.He repainted it the tan color it is now.He also reupholstered the interior in red vinyl.It had the original flat 6 and 3 speed when I got it. It is a business coupe,huge trunk,and has the shelves behind the front seat.A small block Chevy would have fit right in..But I had to spend a year fitting a 318 under the hood.I put in a 4 speed from an Aspen R/T.The shifter is a b-body pistol grip for a console car. The factory bend in the shifter allows plenty of room for my right leg.I hung b-body pedals on the firewall and put in a dual chamber master.I had a 340 to put in this car,but the 318 was plenty powerful for this thing.Still has original steering,brakes,8.5 inch rear.
This car separates the men from the boys when it comes to ripping up the highway at 85+.
I have been planning to install a steering rack,and some type of home brew front disc brakes.
Body is solid,just some pinholes where the running boards meet the panel right behind the drivers door.I tried to keep it as original looking as possible

View attachment 1009160
Sounds like a very cool car. My wife thinks I should restore one of those or an old stepside pickup truck if I do another project.

Sounds like a very cool car. My wife thinks I should restore one of those or an old stepside pickup truck if I do another project.
Hell yeah ! When I bought my 37,I had a 67 Charger on the road,I had recently sold my 1970 Swinger 340.I was looking for something a bit different.
I did not even know that Plymouth made a pickup truck in 37 (pre internet) I knew they made panel vans.... As a matter of fact,I would only sell/trade my 37 for a 68 Charger,or a 30's Mopar pickup

Auto Transport Service
Back