• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie from Australia

Jamo240

Local time
3:51 PM
Reaction score
Hey there from Australia. My 65 Coronet 500 hardtop has made the long journey down Los Angeles and is now with me here in Melbourne. It's a pretty loaded 440 with a torqueflite. I am in the process of registering it for road use and will ultimately do some nostalgic superstock drag racing. They are very rare here, so sourcing parts will mostly be back through the USA.

Welcome to FBBO. Post some pics when you have a chance. I too have a 65 Coronet 500.

Welcome to fbbo. We have a few Aussie members here as well as an Aussie relocated to Finland. Post some pictures of that beast

Hi Jamo240, welcome! :wav:

Like the others, I'd like to see a picture. :)

G'Day mate. Fellow Aussie here, albeit up in Finland!

Photos or it did not happen..That's the common theme around here. ;)

G'Day Mate, welcome to FBBO

hi and welcome to the site would like to see some photos of your 65 !:headbang:

hi and welcome to the site would like to see some photos of your 65 !:headbang:

Ok....I will do some pics. I need to wash it to present it properly. ..but it's a very nice B Body with an exhaust note and mechanical lifter note to complement! 3.5 inch twins dumping just ahead of the rear axle.

Ok chaps...here's my first photo post!

Here she is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 124
Welcome, great looking car you brought home.

Thanks 440+6. It certainly turns heads down here...there are very few to none in Australia! The guy in LA who built it did a fair job, but lacked a bit of attention to detail...I am sorting out a bunch of little issues to improve the car. Eg I did a full power launch yesterday which produced a fair measure of tire smoke, but also caused it to spit the fan belt...she got a little hot before I noticed and stopped, to find the alternator belt groove does not match the water pump and crank grooves which has kinda machined and messed up the belt....stuff like that. Anyway...that's old cars right?!

Auto Transport Service
Back